Unskippable: Dungeon Siege 3

klasbo

Nov 17, 2009
Concept art strikes back!

Also, the cutscenes were skippable. I wanted a reason for not skipping them, even a completely arbitrary one would do. Something like "Dude, we can totally skip this cutsc -" "Jeyne Kassynder! Dammit Paul!"

"Send more paper" was hilarious. Simple and brilliant.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
What a sinful waste of paper. No wonder Ehb is in such a low tide.

*drumset collapses*

sarahvait

Nov 6, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Zachary Amaranth does not understand why there is a problem with Jeyne Kassynder's name. Would you explain to Zachary Amaranth?

Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
I hate to be that guy, but christ this game is ripping of Bioware.
Considering how derivative they are....

Join Zachary Amaranth next week, for the Jeyne Kassynder drinking game!
I have a feeling that the rate the game is going, you would be dying of alcohol poisoning by the end of the first level.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Haha, great one. The Legions guys sound like dumb douchebags. 'We were cast away from our houses and chapterhouses! Surely the best thing to do is to regroup in the houses and chapterhouses that we weren't cast away from yet - no one will see that coming!'

Now excuse me while I drink this Jeyne Kassynde? energy drink. Tastes like... freedom.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
That end of the credits bit does raise an interesting thought. So far the only thing I know that is bad about Jayne Kassinder (or however you spell that), is she isn't friendly to forests. But this isn't Captain Planet:The Game.
History is written by the people who win. Imagine how England would be if the Tudors didn't win The War of the Roses. Shakespeare, for one, probably would have written a lot differently, if he ever got to be famous.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
sarahvait said:
I have a feeling that the rate the game is going, you would be dying of alcohol poisoning by the end of the first level.
That's why I'm waiting until next week. I'm getting four new livers installed.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
That end of the credits bit does raise an interesting thought. So far the only thing I know that is bad about Jayne Kassinder (or however you spell that), is she isn't friendly to forests. But this isn't Captain Planet:The Game.
History is written by the people who win. Imagine how England would be if the Tudors didn't win The War of the Roses. Shakespeare, for one, probably would have written a lot differently, if he ever got to be famous.
That's true of most games, though. You almost never consider the "villain's" side.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
Yeah see Jeyne Kassynder doesn't really speak "evil" to me. Maybe if Jeyne Kassynder's name was something more like "Demon Queen Plaguemaster Azrael" then I could see it. Also no wonder the 10th legion got massacred by Jeyne Kassynder...they don't seem to be very smart at this "hiding" thing.

And since it's an entirely new legion, shouldn't it be the 11th legion?

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Those cut scenes were so boring and rubbish that even Graham and Paul couldn't make them entertaining :(

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Myrph said:
Am I the only one who felt slightly jilted by the complete lack of an Ehb and flow joke?
I was hoping for a mention of E(h)b from Green Acres myself.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
How do you guys find these games?
Also, I get the feeling that our poor villain isn't actually a bad person. Just misunderstood.

Guy Jackson said:
I wasn't paying attention and missed the name of the antagonist, did anyone catch it?
Was it Bob? I'm pretty sure it was Bob. It just seems in like Bob.

SensibleCrout

Feb 23, 2010
Hate to say it but I think there have been better Unskippables.

Like all of them.

I admit the game did not provide a good basis for comedy.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Taunta said:
Yeah see Jeyne Kassynder doesn't really speak "evil" to me. Maybe if Jeyne Kassynder's name was something more like "Demon Queen Plaguemaster Azrael" then I could see it.
In her native tongue, Jeyne Kassynder is one of the twelve words of chaos and terror. Yes, one of the words. We merely separate it to two because we type it phonetically (what?) and in our language structure.

But somewhere out there, the name Jeyne Kassynder is sweeping terror into the hearts of men.

As well it should.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Yeah, yeah, Empire going down. Or shall we say.. Ehbbing? Geez, way to give away a story there, gamemakers. For all the time they used Jeyne Kassynder, I expected there to be a little (TM) after it.

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
If the Kassynder family ever name their child Jayne every unskippable fan from here to Azerbaijan will run in terror of being forced to watch more of this scene.

Also I agree with Paul's comment at the end, apart from burning down the forest what did Jayne Kassynder actually do that was so evil? did I miss something?

xXxJessicaxXx said:
I could understand why they would be concerned if he has some sort of magical ability ala the hero in fable. But to be the randomly trained sprog of someone who happened to be in the legion is just random at best. Why would anyone even care that much about him still being alive.

So wierd.
Sorry this is totally off topic but I can't believe I've finally found proof of someone else who uses the word sprog! Every time I say it I have to explain it, and then they don't believe it is an actual word which people use!

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
So, basicly the plot motivation goes like this:
Empire fell, we ran, took over in here, ruled, someone else took over from us, now rules, we want to take over and rule again?
I'm not really sold on the concept, how do the people feel about this?
Has anyone taken a poll?

For all i know the 10th legion was complete and total dictatorship (and i'm not all that comfortable with a ruling class people are born to) and Jayne Kassynder might either be
A: better
B: worse
C: just the same

so, 2 out of 3 odds that there is no point in the whole thing.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Funny they should mention TF2's Spy, because that guy Marten(?) is voiced by the guy who does the Medic.

Then again, Robin Atkins Downes does do a crap-ton of game voices, so I guess it was only a matter of time.

Haccy

Nov 22, 2011
I heard that if you say "Jeyne Kassynder" 3 times in front of a mirror, she'll come and lay fiery waste to a forest near you.