Unskippable: Dynasty Warriors 8

AntiChrist

Jul 17, 2009
GamemasterAnthony said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
This series needs more Lu Bu.

And more barrel rolling horses.

Maybe Lu Bu doing barrel rolls while on horseback...?
That wouldn't be too out of place for the Dynasty Warriors franchise.

Off topic: Rather interesting Grandia 1 avi you've got there, Cap'n! Don't remember ever seeing those characters do that, though...but then my copy of the game tended to crash after I played for too long.
It's in the game all right. It's the animation that Sue and Puffy does for the RAH RAH cheer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF2kVA5XVes

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
AntiChrist said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:

That wouldn't be too out of place for the Dynasty Warriors franchise.

Off topic: Rather interesting Grandia 1 avi you've got there, Cap'n! Don't remember ever seeing those characters do that, though...but then my copy of the game tended to crash after I played for too long.
It's in the game all right. It's the animation that Sue and Puffy does for the RAH RAH cheer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF2kVA5XVes
Ah...I see. Nice group heal tech!

Note to self: Go back to play that game.

CAPTCHA: how quaint

Don't be snarky, Captcha.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
OMG, I frikkin' lost it at the barrel-rolling horse! I'm also blown away there are 8 Dynasty Warriors games now. I stopped hearing about them after the 4th game.

captcha: grape soda
I'm glad I wasn't drinking that while watching this, or anything else. Well done, guys!

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Ah, man, that was funny. You can always tell it's going to be a good Unskippable video if it's about a really obscure game. (Obscure = lots of flaws to make fun of.)

cricket chirps said:
Maybe the horse IS Jason Statham, maybe Jason Statham is a horse?
That's what I keep saying!

Except then I remember that horses can act.

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Barrel-rolling horse = EPIC!!!

Zachary Amaranth said:
That wasn't a camera gimble, that was a camera strapped to the horse from the beginning.

And this is what happens when you let Michael Bay direct a movie about diplomacy in Feudal China. >.>
CrazyCapnMorgan said:

Lu Bu doing a barrel roll while his horse barrel rolls?
Oh! Oh! I got it!

Lu Bu rides a horse; an explosion has both him and the horse doing barrel rolls beside each other and he lands on the horse and rides away unharmed

CAPTCHA: bonus points...i agree; bonus points for the barrel-rolling horse

The Random One

May 29, 2008
The horse is indeed the best thing in the video. The humans all knew that a war was going on. The horse was caught flying (a situation that is pretty atypical for a horse) after presumably being in a boat for a while (another atypical situation for a horse) and quickly got its shit together and was like 'yup, gotta gallop now'.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Irridium said:
I don't care what anyone says. I love Dynasty Warriors. It's just so deliciously campy and ridiculous.
It and the first Samurai Warriors game are great (Samurai Warriors 2 sucks though, awful voice acting).
Speaking of voice acting, I noticed that Cao Cao not only looks exactly like Oda Nobunaga from Samurai Warriors, but he has the same VA. And Richard Epcar was the giant beard guy. And Epcar was also in Samurai Warriors as Takeda Shingen.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Is the A.I. in this game still horrible? I remember how cool I thought that the game was because of how many soldiers would fight simultaneously. However, due to horrendously stupid A.I. bots, I could never really get into it. Years later, we're at Dynasty Warriors 8.

Anyway, do they still just stand there, only attacking once every so often? I know that the officers (or whatever they're called) are slightly more aggressive; but, I'm referring to the foot soldiers.

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
Jodan said:
I always wonederd why the foot soldiers even try in these koei games if the shiny characters can kill 200 of them by sneezing. and if they can do that why would a small group of foot soldiers even give them pause, let alone make them runaway, epesially if you mount a backfliping horse.

there is a such thing as being too powerfull
Well you see, on a good day they get paid for just standing in place waving their spear around a bit. Not bad.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
There's only one thing that can be said about that horse:
http://www.chucklebot.com/memes/physics-*****-im-a-horse.jpg

Xzavion

Jun 22, 2013
Hehe, that barrel roll horse is awesome.

Also that line of game obviously will never cease ;).

Just one thing... Why do you get my hopes up for this game with having the platforms just all wrong? It's only Xbox360 and PS3, nothing of the others listed is correct as far as I can get information so far... ;(

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
That first scene went beyond "awesome" and straight into the realm of "PHWOOOOARRRR!"

Is it just me, or is Romance of the Three Kingdoms starting to rival post-Stalingrad WW2 as the Standard Overused Videogame Setting?

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
They're better then they used to be, but unless you're playing on Chaos difficulty, they still won't pose even a small threat to you.

Unless they have a bow. Then they will haunt your dreams.
Haha. Okay. Thanks. I was curious. Maybe I will stick to Mount & Blade.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I always thought Dynasty Warriors was a dancing game. You know, because of the clips on the interblag. Although I guess the intro doesn't really contradict that notion.