Unskippable: E3 2013 Trailers

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
E3 2013 Trailers

Graham and Paul give us the a brief tour of what was shown at this E3.

Watch Video

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Is it just me or did the guy in the Murdered: Soul Suspect trailer look ridiculously like Yahtzee, facial hair aside?

And I loved the "Uh-oh". Probably sums up how most people feel about Squeenix, at least as a developer.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
A dying man is allowed on last cigarette, a dead man is not allowed cigarettes at all.

I'm guessing you like Soul Suspect purely due to the fact that you mocked it less.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
At 3:21, the running animation locks just like the one from Terras Elin, a mixture of running/jumping/skipping in the air.

kogane

Apr 11, 2009
unacomn said:
The "Uh-ho" when Square Enix pinged in was priceless.
The cackle that startled out of me was so sudden I actually choked a bit on my own spit.

Well done, guys. Well done.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
So, who thought a dark re-imagining of Ghost Trick was a good idea?
Seriously, that's what it looks like.

I really cracked up at '...a sandwich.'

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I was trying to guess which looked interesting and realised I'd already forgotten what the first game was =D Must've been riveting

(I do quite like my Final Fantasy on the other hand, FFXIII/2 did some interesting things and I always liked Lightning, it's just a shame they decided on the stupidest title possible. Final Fantasy as the second part*?)

*Actually, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy, sounds a little fetishistic

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Yay! E3 Trailers! I'm glad you guys brought these back this year. I enjoyed the first two.

BTW, it had to Murdered: Soul Suspect. It was the only one that even looked interesting.

Also...HOLY HELL!! A Final Fantasy trailer with GAMEPLAY in it! It's a sign of the Apocalypse!!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
unacomn said:
The "Uh-ho" when Square Enix pinged in was priceless.
Best joke of the episode! And well-earned too, for bringing back the blandest character to ever dress up in the least-practical set or armor since Red Sonya.

This is a refreshing change from the trailers of previous E3's; we can actually tell what the games are about this time!

MichaelMaverick

Jan 28, 2009
Well it'd be pretty silly if the one you found sweet was the only one without any gameplay shown, right?
Lightning Returns is obviously just a continuation of a shit streak, and Wolfenstein is the same plus robots.

So it turns out it was actually a trick question to get the discussion going! None of them look particularly sweet! You're welcome, thread!

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
MichaelMaverick said:
Well it'd be pretty silly if the one you found sweet was the only one without any gameplay shown, right?
You mean as opposed to the one where they had flashes of gameplay so short it was impossible to make any judgements based on it beyond "There are nazi robots, and you shoot guns."?

MichaelMaverick

Jan 28, 2009
SirCannonFodder said:
MichaelMaverick said:
You mean as opposed to the one where they had flashes of gameplay so short it was impossible to make any judgements based on it beyond "There are nazi robots, and you shoot guns."?
Yes. As opposed to that one, and the other one that's exactly like that. You know, the ones that at least tell us what kind of game it is.

I don't think you thought this response all the way through.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
Yeah but what about the mechs?!

That's a very important question we have here! And mechs before a space race is a little awkward (which could have happened without the Cold War and the space race; very easy to see with the ruthless expansion the Nazis enforced).

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
Man, Wolfenstein looks depressing. Who the hell decided to let the Nazis win the war? And then use cheap, recycled historical footage but with Nazis and Nazi symbolism instead of the people/symbols?

Don't care about Final Fantasy.

The last one is the only one that's even potentially interesting, but that may just be because we know the least about it.