Unskippable: Epic Mickey

Mortrialus

Jan 23, 2010
MB202 said:
werewolfsfury said:
am I the only one who knew about the ear thing before this?
I knew, too. You used to see this sort of thing in old Mickey Mouse cartoons, where his ears are always facing the camera. Warren Spector wanted to keep that for this game, and thus they're designed so that no matter where Mickey is looking, his ears are always like that.
Its not just something that is in old Mickey Mouse cartoons. Its in every Mickey cartoon. Mickey was always intended to have his ear silhouette visible from every angle, and I really like seeing it preserved in this game.

The people cracking jokes about it just don't get it. They've probably never seen a Mickey cartoon in their life.

Moving on: Really funny episode. I loved the Balrog reference and the CSI joke.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Mortrialus said:
MB202 said:
werewolfsfury said:
I knew, too. You used to see this sort of thing in old Mickey Mouse cartoons, where his ears are always facing the camera. Warren Spector wanted to keep that for this game, and thus they're designed so that no matter where Mickey is looking, his ears are always like that.
Its not just something that is in old Mickey Mouse cartoons. Its in every Mickey cartoon. Mickey was always intended to have his ear silhouette visible from every angle, and I really like seeing it preserved in this game.

The people cracking jokes about it just don't get it. They've probably never seen a Mickey cartoon in their life.

Yeah, quite clearly, they're not big Mickey fans. They know who Mickey is (everyone does, obviously) but they don't know anything about him other than being Disney's mascot.

That's why this game is being made, to CHANGE that mindset and to turn Mickey back into somebody!

Mortrialus

Jan 23, 2010
MB202 said:
Mortrialus said:
MB202 said:
werewolfsfury said:

Yeah, quite clearly, they're not big Mickey fans. They know who Mickey is (everyone does, obviously) but they don't know anything about him other than being Disney's mascot.

That's why this game is being made, to CHANGE that mindset and to turn Mickey back into somebody!
Ha! Good point, I always forget that. At the same time though, I also feel this game is going to offer a lot for hardcore Disney fans. TO me, though, not knowing about Mickey's ear silhouette is like not knowing Peter Pan flies, or Mario jumps high, or Sonic runs fast, you know?

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Mortrialus said:
MB202 said:
Mortrialus said:
MB202 said:
werewolfsfury said:

Ha! Good point, I always forget that. At the same time though, I also feel this game is going to offer a lot for hardcore Disney fans. TO me, though, not knowing about Mickey's ear silhouette is like not knowing Peter Pan flies, or Mario jumps high, or Sonic runs fast, you know?
Most people probably don't know that Mario is a high jumper. They probably only know him as Nintendo's mascot, in the same vain as Mickey. But yeah, Mickey's ears are what help define Mickey and everything related to the character. Then again, I remember in Kingdom Hearts, Mickey's ears would always face the direction in which he was looking.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Spot1990 said:
This game actually kinda makes me wish I had a wii.
Then get one! ;)

BTW, part two of the opening cinematic was just recently revealed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c1kcRcJYms

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Spot1990 said:
MB202 said:
Spot1990 said:
This game actually kinda makes me wish I had a wii.
Then get one! ;)

BTW, part two of the opening cinematic was just recently revealed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c1kcRcJYms
Dammit, you're on to something! Screw it I might actually, they only cost like 120 euro now.
Yeah, there's been a price drop, plus it's already the cheapest of the three major consoles.