Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
sirdanrhodes said:
It was ok, now, where's De-Rez and that other winner..?
de-rez will be back next week and will be going to monthly from then on. Chris took a short holiday, and is working at a soup kitchen or something. I dunno.

"That other winner," AKA Doomsday Arcade, will be premiering this Thursday. And Unskippable will indeed be showing every week, on Monday. So much video ... stay tuned!

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Russ Pitts said:
sirdanrhodes said:
de-rez will be back next week and will be going to monthly from then on. Chris took a short holiday, and is working at a soup kitchen or something. I dunno.

"That other winner," AKA Doomsday Arcade, will be premiering this Thursday. And Unskippable will indeed be showing every week, on Monday. So much video ... stay tuned!
SO, MUCH, CONTENT! Thursday, it's marked on my calander, and thanks for the info.

Oh, I'd like to add, this is so much better than what was submitted for the film festival.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
MsDevin92 said:
I personally think it deserves a lot of extra points because it's about FRANCOIS CHOPIN. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, FREAKING CHOPIN.

We need more games about famous composers. Sadly, nobody bought Beethoven II: the Note of Destruction.
The anime OAV "Read or Die" features Beethoven prominently, and is about a book titled "Immortal Beloved", based on the love letters he wrote to an unknown recipient.

And "Note of Detruction" would actually fit quite well, but it's even worse than that.

It actually involves a "suicide symphony" that compels anyone to hear it to kill themselves, there and then.

Also, this was brilliant. I'm a long-time fan of MST3K, and am glad to see the format back and applied to my own favourite media. Yay for unskippable cutscenes... make sure you do MGS4's 20 minute opening sometime. :D

Jul 9, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
sirdanrhodes said:

I thought it was Arcadocalypse? Name change?

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
Yargh... I am playing this game right now, and the cutscenes continue to be a painful ear-bashing. I tried switching the language to Japanese, because at least then you can pretend the subtitling is done really poorly but even so.

What the hell.

Definitely worthy of this kind of send-up.

Chimaera

Niche Game Fangirl
Oct 28, 2005
Mystery Science Gaming Theater! :) Good kick off episode, and great new opening, too.

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
Russ Pitts said:

Sad Face about de-rez! They were getting really funny again!

I'm a little indifferent about this new series... maybe it's just cause of the two episodes, but I didn't find too much of it funny. Yes, there were times I chuckled, but that was about it. My only real complaint about it though was that the in game sounds are far too quiet compared to the two hosts... and the hosts are a bit muffled.... if the sound was a little more even in volume it would probably be a lot more affective.

Jul 9, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:
Oh, I'd like to add, this is so much better than what was submitted for the film festival.
I dunno about that. The original had way more quotables for me ("And yet the armadillo..." "How's poor Bernie supposed to surround that guy by himself? Is he really fat?")and just overall made me laugh more. This one was good though.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
sirdanrhodes said:

Is "working in" a euphemism for "eating and sleeping at"? ;)

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Doug said:
Russ Pitts said:
sirdanrhodes said:

I guess we'll find out next week ;)

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Doug said:
Russ Pitts said:
sirdanrhodes said:

I guess we'll find out next week ;)
Weeeellllll.....I could ask him next time he is on Steam

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
KarmicToast said:
At least he didn't call it what my father calls it: "Mystery Science Dinner Theater 1000."
Seriously, he has been saying that for 6 years now and not as a joke. Dammit dad!
My dad does stuff like that too! Oh man..dads can be so funny...in a 'I want to pull my hair out' sort of way.

DanTheBigMan

Oct 18, 2008
Jump! Jump! Jump!
Please God, jump!
Y'know, I actually half-assedly thought about looking this game up...
But if the pacing of the game is anything like the opening, I'll pass.
Just like the contest entry, it's a great series.
Glad to see a personal favorite passtime get its deserved attention. :D

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
couldnt do it. Couldnt sit through it all. I tried, but just couldnt. Boring & slow overdub to a boring & slow cutscene
My thoughts exactly, except I managed to watch it all.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
smallharmlesskitten said:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLANET!
Yet another one that made me laugh out loud.

The game, by the way, is really quite charming and fun, the god-awful voice acting notwithstanding.