Unskippable: Fallout New Vegas

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
wait... was that really matt perry doing the checkered guys voice? cause he did sound super familiar but i can't put my finger on it

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
MaxFan said:
Sorry to disappoint your visions of a Hugh Laurie future, but the narrator said MISTER House, not DOCTOR House.
maybe dr. cuddy finally had enough and had his medical liscense revoked for good this time???

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
LordVyreth said:
Now Joey, that's a reason to kill someone!
Everything Mat LeBlanc works on ends in death.
Nobody ever even saw that monkey again. Where did it go?
He made monkeyburgers.

$20 to first modder who turns the robots in NV to Gizmoducks. But you have to replace the old Boomer pilot with Launchpad McQuack too.
It doesn't even have to be a good mod, it can be cheesy like the Macho Man Randy Savage Super Mutants....which is fucking hilarious by the way. He used to sound like a supermutant, didn't he.

And speaking of abominations, I'm amazed that they were able to get through the whole beginning cutscene without freezing and having to restart

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know which would be worse, getting shot or having to put up with that guy's terrible dialogue.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
Gotta love the "And that was the *th time I died" , gag. ^^

and you're right , Paul , that guy on the right did looked very excited. XD

SuperGauntlet

Jun 26, 2011
Sonic Doctor said:
B0BX said:
You can tell that it's a western rpg because the moon is such a reasonable size.
It was definitely smaller than JRPGs, but it still wasn't a reasonable size. I can go outside and hide the moon from my sight with my thumb.

That moon would take a big giant head to hide it from my view.
Yes, but this is the FUTURE.

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
CrystalShadow said:
Sonic Doctor said:
B0BX said:
You can tell that it's a western rpg because the moon is such a reasonable size.
It was definitely smaller than JRPGs, but it still wasn't a reasonable size. I can go outside and hide the moon from my sight with my thumb.

Meh. The moon changes size depending on a lot of weird factors.

I've personally seen it be about the size of a pea, up to about the size of a large watermelon (and bright red).
I don't know what exactly causes the difference, but it doesn't have an obvious fixed size, even though simple reasoning suggests it should.
The moon always stays the same size (incidentally the same size as the Sun and your thumb). Just try it the next few times you see a large (or small) Moon. Physics (and astronomy) is fun and educationel, use it.

penthesilea180

Jul 25, 2010
I understand why your character has gloves on, but why do they have to be burlap? I think burlap gloves are the most useless items of clothing ever conceived.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Xaryn Mar said:
CrystalShadow said:
Sonic Doctor said:
B0BX said:

Meh. The moon changes size depending on a lot of weird factors.

I've personally seen it be about the size of a pea, up to about the size of a large watermelon (and bright red).
I don't know what exactly causes the difference, but it doesn't have an obvious fixed size, even though simple reasoning suggests it should.
The moon always stays the same size (incidentally the same size as the Sun and your thumb). Just try it the next few times you see a large (or small) Moon. Physics (and astronomy) is fun and educationel, use it.
I studied undergraduate physics at university. I'm well aware the moon doesn't change size thank you. XD

But we are talking appearances here. And in terms of observing the moon from the earth, several factors arise that don't have a direct relation to the physical size of the moon.

To begin with, there is a minor issue with the actual distance between the earth and the moon. This isn't likely to have a huge effect, because the only real factor is the the distance between the earth and the moon, which is likely to vary a little (since most orbits are elliptical, rather than circular), but not on a scale that's likely to be statistically significant.

(and not one I want to bother calculating either.)

However, the more significant factor, and most assuredly the reason for the moon looking red, is of course the atmosphere.

Air can bend light after all - especially since the boundary between it and space seems to be curved. (as can gravity. But that's a slightly different issue). And since the volume of air between any given location on the surface of the earth and an object out in space varies depending on the angle.

(The effect is much easier to spot with the sun. From memory, at sunset the sun seems to be anything from about 2 to 3 times the size that it is at noon.)

Now if you'll excuse me... Trying to use my brain for this long is giving me a headache. I dropped out of studying physics because I hate doing math.
But whatever.

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
BX3 said:
I don't know why, but that dig joke is the hardest I laughed at this episode. I even re-winded it to hear it again.

I guess I'm just a sucker for those type of "play on words" jokes.
ahaha me too!! It really got me lol, not even quite sure why.

Mosstromo

Jul 5, 2008
Aaaaah... the world is so much better with Unskippable every week.
Please, don't be like Lisa Foiles and leave me. Swear you'll never go.

Raziel5150

Mar 16, 2009
Another great entry for Unskippable. Too bad the game wasn't as good. I mean, it could have been, if Obsidian actually knew how to patch stuff.