Nov 13, 2008
Far Cry 4 - Karate Citizenship

Should I stay or should I go?

Watch Video

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
coolbond said:
i wonder if they will do the secret ending
I was wondering the same. It would make sense, given the format of the show.

(Information about said ending follows; don't click the spoiler tags if you dun wanna know.)

In the next scene, at a dinner table, Pagan Min asks you to wait while he attends to some business (and your companion is hauled off to be tortured.) If you actually wait there, rather than going off to find the Golden Path who are trying to rescue you... About 13 minutes, according to Youtube... Pagan comes back and takes you to Lakshama so you can dispose of your mother's ashes, and the game ends.

It's kind of a funny little Easter Egg, doubly so because the "big bad" is pretty much being straight with you.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Well, he seems friendly and inviting for a murderous psychopath of a dictator. Not many of that type would give visitors a hug and a selfie.
I wonder how good Disney on Ice tickets work as a bribe.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
One small complaint, your audio was a bit too silent, and by that I mean YOUR actual audio, or the game was too loud. It was really hard to hear you guys talking during the shooty bits...

And I'd like to cast my vote for the secret ending in Part 2 - that way you could for once play a game from start to finish :D

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Jandau said:
And I'd like to cast my vote for the secret ending in Part 2 - that way you could for once play a game from start to finish :D
Or at least Part 3 if doing it in Part 2 would be too much.

esserin

Nov 10, 2014
Huh, You know this Pagan Min guy doesn't seem that bad. I mean the golden path guys shot the guards first and all. And he seems so friendly! What with the hugs and all. :D

And violent revolutionists that try to destroy the government always end up just as bad as the previous rulers if not worst.

So I'm gunna side with him on this.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
Jandau said:
One small complaint, your audio was a bit too silent, and by that I mean YOUR actual audio, or the game was too loud. It was really hard to hear you guys talking during the shooty bits...

It was only during the shooting. Couldn't really understand anything they were saying in that section.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
So.... this time there was a technical problem; couldn't hear you guys a lot of the time over the shooting etc... :\

Maybe do a quick remaster?

Fsyco

Feb 18, 2014
esserin said:
Huh, You know this Pagan Min guy doesn't seem that bad. I mean the golden path guys shot the guards first and all. And he seems so friendly! What with the hugs and all. :D

And violent revolutionists that try to destroy the government always end up just as bad as the previous rulers if not worst.

Without wishing to spoil too much, that's sort of what they try to go for in that game. It's just that the execution is a little bungled.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
What the hell did he stab the dude with? Looks like a really large corn skewer.

For a dude who'd just been shot at and has no idea what's going on, he actually looks really good.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I hope they do *almost* nothing in the next part ;)
You know what I mean?
Best part out of all the parts :)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Jandau said:
I noticed that too.

Anyway that guy was scary.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I Googled it, Kratoria does not exist, how are we supposed to get Karate Citizenship when the country does not exist?

Jan 12, 2012
So they burned a bus whole in the middle of their narrow mountain road... that seems like it's going to be a problem for future tourists.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
kailus13 said:

For a dude who'd just been shot at and has no idea what's going on, he actually looks really good.
I'm pretty sure it's some kind of knife, but we never get a good enough look at the damn thing to know for sure.

Monoclebear

Robot enthusiast
Sep 29, 2010
kailus13 said:

It's a solid gold pen, you can even collect it for funsies after you have finished the maingame and did a certain thing.

THM

Sep 27, 2014
" o/Should I stay or should I go/o
You should go - go now"

Funniest lines in the whole video. I nearly died.

Monoclebear said:
It's a solid gold pen, you can even collect it for funsies after you have finished the maingame and did a certain thing.
Indeed; I couldn't do it, though - Min is such a fun character, it seemed a shame to do the certain thing after all the entertainment he'd provided. :)

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
esserin said:

He's pretty much the only character i liked in that game.

Even after i killed all of his generals, took the country from him and raided his house he didn't get pissed off, thankfully the game didn't force me to kill him and it even let me kill those 2 assholes leading the golden path, who turned out to be even worse at this whole dictatorship thing than him.

ivarsa15

Nov 21, 2009
Am I the only one who could barely hear Paul and Graham during this riff? I could hear the regular dialogue of the game more than the riffers.