Unskippable: Farming Simulator 15 and More E3 2014 Trailers!

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Farming Simulator 15 and More E3 2014 Trailers!

Graham and Paul riff on another batch of overhyped E3 trailers! Except for Farming Simulator 15, that one looks pretty legit.

Watch Video

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
So after watching that trailer, I'm not sure I want Farming Simulator, but I AM certain I want one of those tree harvester machines.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
I really feel that Farming Simulator trailer would have been 100% more awesome had it been set to the tune of "Toxic Love."

Jan 12, 2012
Falterfire said:
So after watching that trailer, I'm not sure I want Farming Simulator, but I AM certain I want one of those tree harvester machines.
I'm right there with you. I can't find out the name of that machine, which is disappointing, as I'll need one to make a line-action Dead Rising.

EDIT:
According to the lovely people on the Farming Simulator forums, I learned the term "Ponsse forwarder." Ponsse is the company, and forwarder is the generic name for that type of vehicle. I have no idea which one it is (Ponsse makes a lot of them), but I'll go for the ElephantKing purely for the cool name.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Falterfire said:
I'm right there with you. I can't find out the name of that machine, which is disappointing, as I'll need one to make a line-action Dead Rising.

EDIT:
According to the lovely people on the Farming Simulator forums, I learned the term "Ponsse forwarder." Ponsse is the company, and forwarder is the generic name for that type of vehicle. I have no idea which one it is (Ponsse makes a lot of them), but I'll go for the ElephantKing purely for the cool name.
Oh yay a new one to lose hours in... lol

Actually, that is probably a Harvester, not a Forwarder. E.g.
http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/harvesters/tracked_harvesters/703jh/703jh.page?

Forwarders go around and pickup the little 'bushels' of logs from fallen trees, but Harvesters are the part that actually cut the tree, and some variants (as the one shown) will cut them to length as well. when they are at length usually a Forwarder can then come and grab them up, otherwise, it is usually a skidder that has to drag them out of the bush and leaves them in one place for them to be delimbed, and cut to length.

Of course all of this is going off memory from like 15-20 years ago so who knows what has changed since then.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Scars Unseen said:
I really feel that Farming Simulator trailer would have been 100% more awesome had it been set to the tune of "Toxic Love."
'I do believe we are destined to be... soul... mates. UNH!'

I wasn't aware they did the Sports games thing with Farming Simulator, putting out one each year with a number one higher than the current year. Although farming probably has had more noteworthy updates in a year than sports. Was there ever a SimFarm game? I feel like there was but can't remember. The only farm game I've liked was Harvest Moon. A 3DS release of THAT would get me interested.

I lost it at the petrified trees bit, I don't care if it was unintentional.

Jan 12, 2012
Demagogue said:
EDIT:

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/harvesters/tracked_harvesters/703jh/703jh.page?

Forwarders go around and pickup the little 'bushels' of logs from fallen trees, but Harvesters are the part that actually cut the tree, and some variants (as the one shown) will cut them to length as well. when they are at length usually a Forwarder can then come and grab them up, otherwise, it is usually a skidder that has to drag them out of the bush and leaves them in one place for them to be delimbed, and cut to length.

Of course all of this is going off memory from like 15-20 years ago so who knows what has changed since then.
Thanks for letting me know- that one you linked does look a lot more like the machine from the clip. I guess my heavy machinery identification skills are not up to snuff.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
One of the funniest yet! I liked the crack about the first Homefront game and snickering over Paul's petrified pun. That must have been the first time I heard you guys laugh through one of these things!
Demagogue said:
EDIT:

Thanks for letting me know- that one you linked does look a lot more like the machine from the clip. I guess my heavy machinery identification skills are not up to snuff.
Aren't there also tree-cutting machines that move on legs instead of wheels? I swear I've seen pictures of one on Cracked .com and it looked SO badass.
The Farm Simulator 15, uh, "Trailer" does raise one question: how long has that series been going on for?! They're up to 15 already?!

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Huh... have to say, the DA3 trailer didn't exactly make me optimistic for the game, there was just a feeling of genericness to it, which is a shame because I want the game to be good.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I laughed a lot at Paul's unintended pun, not going to lie.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
designer 1: hmm guys maybe we should drop the farming bit and just make logging simulator.. i mean our trailer is already more about that anyway.

rest of designers : don't be silly...

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
The company that makes Farm Simulator is really in touch with the mods for the series, so they added a first person shooter where you can wash the equipment. At least that's what I heard from twitch via LRR.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
leviadragon99 said:
Huh... have to say, the DA3 trailer didn't exactly make me optimistic for the game, there was just a feeling of genericness to it, which is a shame because I want the game to be good.
Are you implying the other Dragon Age games didn't seem alarmingly generic at a glance?

However they've announced that Cole from DA: Asunder is a companion now. He seems pretty cool. Companions are probably gonna be a mixed bag as usual, but eh... the shiny graphics really don't appeal to me. It looks like the entire world is coated in oil, it's weird.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
The full saying actually goes, "The pen is equally mighty to the bomb, as long as you have a bunch of armed folk on your side hidden in the windows, but not if the other side has a tank, because even if you got an RPG you need two shots to take it out as Battlefield taught us." That's what my nonna always used to say.

Also, that Farming Simulator '15 trailer just makes me want to play Spintires.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
If I didn't already know that tree cutting thing existed, I would have said it came straight out of a Captain Planet episode.