Unskippable: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
Man, the Final Fantasy series just keeps getting more and more ridiculous. I hate the direction they have gone with the art and the worlds they design.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Points for a Shadowman reference.

I'm not seeing the connection between Noel and The Doctor, though.

Illessa

Mar 1, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Is she ridding Thor in Valhalla?
And fighting emo Jesus?
What is this? Godyssey?
Lighting was riding Odin.
Cauis Ballad is not Jesus(or John the Baptist) but he can transform into Chaos Bahamut
*wince*
Sleipnir. She was riding Odin's horse Sleipnir (I assume, I didn't see the 8 legs). Whose mother is Loki if you go back to the original legends, because he's wacky like that.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Damn you unskippable!!! Final Fantasy 13 is currently the most expensive unfinished game in my collection due to.. not caring enough about anything going on with it even though I spent like $30 on the collector's item hint book! Now I almost want 13 part 2!!!!

ltmarcos

Jan 25, 2010
All I could think of while watching the opening to the video is why is Liara narrating a Final Fantasy Game

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Illessa said:
*wince*
Sleipnir. She was riding Odin's horse Sleipnir (I assume, I didn't see the 8 legs). Whose mother is Loki if you go back to the original legends, because he's wacky like that.
No, she was riding Odin.

In FF13 all the summon ALSO turn into transport (I mentioned the Shiva sisters turn into a motorbike), and Odin turns into a 4-legged horse. Sleipnir isn't in the game.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
You know... I stopped playing Final Fantasies after 10 and I didn't think that was soon enough. This just makes me think I lucked out by stopping at 10... because it seems it could only get a whole lot worse.

Illessa

Mar 1, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
Illessa said:
*wince*
No, she was riding Odin.

In FF13 all the summon ALSO turn into transport (I mentioned the Shiva sisters turn into a motorbike), and Odin turns into a 4-legged horse. Sleipnir isn't in the game.
Oh god yeah, XIII did the same thing didn't it? I guess I saw mentions of Thor and Valhalla and my already hazy recollections of that game just exited my brain to be replaced by Norse mythology and vague images of previous FFs where they just got the number of legs wrong. Damn Squeenix and their wildly inconsistent cultural appropriation. And apologies ForgottenPr0digy for doubting you! :)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
HELP!!! I have no idea what dafuq I just watched! The best thing about these FF openings that they're so nonsensical, Graham and Paul get out their gold material. Well done, guys!

captcha: The Hopper from DISH
I know captchas are made to set us apart from adbots, but are the adbots now making the captchas?

Magnax

Nov 19, 2009
Y'know, as someone who stopped caring about Final Fantasy after 6, these cinematics are alien to me. Maybe if I knew anything about FF13 this would have made some sense, but this intro tells you nothing about the game.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
The plot line for Final Fantasy XIII-2 is cyclical so it is basically the final climactic battle you're seeing. It goes on for another 15 minutes or so but it's pretty much more of the same.

The plot-line of FF XIII-2 is basically unconnected to FF XIII except a few shared characters and the setting. You don't even get to play as Lightning, you have to play as her annoying little sister and some random idiot.

MooseHowl

Dec 20, 2008
"Whoa. She just Yoshi'd her horse."
"That is some cold shit."

Giggling relentlessly while typing this. You monsters. How can you be so shamelessly hilarious?!

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
So... She's dead, but she's alive in valhalla...

Ugh. Final Fantasy just gives me a headache now.

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
Wait, so the falling guy is Peter Cushing? Have you seen him buying vegetables?

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Gorfias said:
Now I almost want 13 part 2!!!!
This clip... made you want the game? To each their own, I guess, but even the funny commentary couldn't stop my face from turning into a perma-cringe.