Unskippable: Final Fantasy XIII

Serafis

Mar 24, 2010
Yes, finally a magic reference. :D *nerds it up with predictable magic gaming*
Very cute ep. Well done guys. :)

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
GodKlown said:
I guess I was one of the few who recognized the opening sequence before you guys said anything. Nice blast from the past... and as I recall, the mechs weren't steam-powered, they were wind-up.
I did. I even got the "missing an X" joke before they said it.

Do I get a cookie?

clank1013

May 21, 2009
lol lol lol hehehhe ha ha ha ha rofl, snicker snicker, nicly done, ill remember this 1 for a while =)

Gregorius

May 28, 2008
I'm just gonna come out and say this, and then I'm going to choke myself to death because you made me say it...

...but I LOL'd. Switching out FFXIII with FFIII... I never saw it coming - that is until the lightning-filled pixelated sky came on-screen. It was long and it was hard (but enough about my GIGANTIC TAGER! - and kudos to whoever gets that reference) but the laughs that were had were great and plentiful.

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
Nicely played, gentlemen :D

I knew something was amiss when you showed a selection of scenes, rather than the usual snippet from the opening material.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Nice one, guys. I think its possible for people in their position to make crappy April Fools jokes, but the whole "Dropping the X" was good!

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
"It's just an X, it can't be that different..."

Au contraire, Paul. The X is important. And Graham would know:

What makes any game cooler and more likely to appeal to the youth? The letter X.

Sep 4, 2009
Serves me right for complaining that April fools pranks shouldn't be pulled only on the 1st.

Enjoyed this. (If there was a Mode 0, does that mean Mode 7 was the 8th attempt to fake 3D on the SNES? Maybe the researchers were a bit embarassed about it all)

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
dubious_wolf said:
Hmmm I've never actually seen the older final fantasy games.... this was a learning experience for me. How on earth did these sell like hot cakes so well?
Good bait and switch. I salute you!
Because Final Fantasy VI(III) is a damn good game, that's how. :p

Mr.Anderson

Nov 4, 2009
HAHAHA! I was like "Hey, that looks oddly like Final Fantasy III.", though I thought they would have just done that as a joke and later continue with FFXIII.
Also April the first skipped by me without noticing. Then again, that happens when your house mate calls you and since your both off from work and school you decide to play games via LAN all day xD

Also there seems to be something wrong with the reply box..... All this time it's been adding an extra line of input space and is now about a quarter of my screen o_O

(Win 7 U x64, Google Chrome Beta, 1920*1080 <- so you know the input field has become quite big now)

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
The M:TG reference was well played.

but does it mean that you won't actually do FFXIII? 'cause that could be funny.

Lady K

Apr 16, 2009
Man, I was actually planning to play FF:III, too! (It's number 6 in the whole series, third released in America)

Aw well, at least you only got to making fun of the credits. When I played Lost Odyssey after watching your take on it I could hardly take it seriously XD

UkibyTheMaid

Aug 11, 2009
I was laughing so hard before watching, because I got this game two days ago and thoguht "Oh yeah, that'll be fun!"

And when the video started I laughed even more and more, until I almost couldn't breath XD

Disthron

Aug 19, 2009
Well, at least this was still an entertaining episode. Some of the other April fools videos this year were just retarded.