Unskippable: First Place: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Your logic defies all reason but still lead us to the promised land!

Still miffed that me and spoon 2big only made the 2nd page though...

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
"they were immediately identified as a hostile presence." "because they were different."
"I miss Bernie, he could have totally surrounded that guy."

I normally don't quote these things, but this one was pure gold.

Mindfury

Nov 20, 2008
Sorry if you put massive effort into this, but yawn.

I laughed at one line: The Journal of Whoopass bit.

Maybe with a game i'm more familiar with, or a game that isn't so generic, it'll be funnier. But poking fun at a generic game with some generic commentary and goofy voices didn't really strike me as the pinnacle of entertainment.

Lord Harrab

Jun 24, 2008
Did you know the guy in the chainsaw mecha isn't just a brilliant leader, but also a professor of Badassery at the University of EDN 3 where he and Post Graduate Burnie teach one man surround tactics and paper plane assembly to the special forces?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
This is the kind of comedy that everyone tries, but so few actually do well. This was just several different kinds of awesome.

I want a t-shirt that says "...and yet, the armadillo."
That makes 2 of us. Also one with the war scene and the dead akrid (or whatever) and "...And still cheaper than gas.". See, they just got here and they already have ideas pitched for potential merchandise. GG.

And yeah, this is awesome. Hope to see a lot more from these guys :D

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
Exactly! MST3K for video games - something that I think the world could always use. Pretentious and atrocious cutscenes need a little hate, too, and you've got the MST3K wit for sure. I look forward for many more!

Toiboi

Nov 14, 2008
To be honest i dont think it should have been a tie i liked the other 1st place winner more

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Maybe you needed to have played the game to appreciate the humor, but this was AWFUL: the concept is hackneyed, the commentary didn't even make me crack a smile, and there was nothing even remotely clever and/or witty in what they said! And it took FIRST PLACE?!? Talk about complete disincentive to watch any of the other entries...

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
You know, after seeing the third place winner and this, maybe I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my funny gland, because both of these were boring, and not the least bit funny. It's quite confusing to see so many others praising this as actually remotely entertaining.

DanTheBigMan

Oct 18, 2008
Christ, if this was all it took to get an Escapist contract, I could've had a career years ago.
I'm kidding, though, it's good to see everyone's favorite pass time of cutscene bashing come into new light.
I'd watch a weekly series of this. :)

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
solidstatemind said:
Maybe you needed to have played the game to appreciate the humor, but this was AWFUL: the concept is hackneyed, the commentary didn't even make me crack a smile, and there was nothing even remotely clever and/or witty in what they said! And it took FIRST PLACE?!? Talk about complete disincentive to watch any of the other entries...
This!
I played the game the whole way through and only the bit about "bernie being fat enough to surround an entire akrid" made me chuckle.
Poorly done, no way it deserved to share first place with Arcadocalypse

zirka

Jan 11, 2008
I also think that you'd have to have played this game to think it is funny. I didn't think any of the lines were funny, except maybe the "because they were different line." The other first place winner is way way way better than this pile of crap, heck me and my friends come up with better commentaries when we are just hanging out playing video games. Plus the other first place winner makes fun of Max Payne and that is just bad ass.

ZenKai

Nov 5, 2008
When do we get another Unskippable!? This is the first non-ZP video I'm actually looking forward to on the Escapist! Get producing guys!