Unskippable: Front Mission Evolved Part 2

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Front Mission Evolved Part 2

Programmer Guy takes his Wizard Wanzer out for a spin near Percival. It goes poorly.

Watch Video

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
And the strategic value of shooting civilian vehicles is?

I mean I'm not a military strategist, but I'd save ammo for enemy soldiers.

Birthe

Apr 26, 2010
It would probably a lot of fun to let you play some of that pointless distruction instead of just watching it...

The Long Road

Sep 3, 2010
The only way I could tell the good mechs from the bad mechs was that the good mechs were getting demolished. Art direction fail.

Oh, I'm sorry. Clearly instead of "mech", I meant "Wanzer". Because, you know, that's waaaay cooler.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
You know what's another thing I don't get about the whole giant mech thing, what's the point of giving the giant mechs giant versions of ordinary firearms? You know like hand guns and shit? Wouldn't it make more sense to have their armaments built in to the chassis?

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
See, wanzer has to go. I saw more skating then walking; let's call them sanzers. :p

canadamus_prime said:
You know what's another thing I don't get about the whole giant mech thing, what's the point of giving the giant mechs giant versions of ordinary firearms? You know like hand guns and shit? Wouldn't it make more sense to have their armaments built in to the chassis?
Yeah, giant SMGs for mechs cracked me up.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
HankMan said:
"Wouldn't it be awesome if whales had Mechs inside them?"
"It would be briefly awesome."

Japan would REALLY be screwed then!
When i heard that i immediately thought of Wales, and how screwed the rest of the UK would be...

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Is the "space Russians" are hidden "congratulations on the 50th anniversary of Yuri Gagarin's first human trip to space"?
Thanks guys.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
...the mere idea that mechs had an intelligent designer...
Oh man, that was pure gold. Whichever one of you two wrote that deserves a high five!

Great show as always, makes Mondays suck less.

Jakale

Feb 16, 2010
OK, I can appreciate the rotating ring defense with the ability to move vertically to get a more accurate shot on incoming projectiles, but I question the use of only a single protection ring for what is basically the most vulnerable section of the elevator. Even if they hadn't blown up most of the lasers with a special gun, and again I appreciate the thinking on the designer's part to allow diminished functionality after the loss of most laser units, the fact that the ring could be overwhelmed at all, diminished or not, means it was only a matter of time before some guy shot enough missiles at one time and from enough different directions to exceed the ring's ability to destroy them all.

Also, why wouldn't you just put rotatable lasers on the whole ring instead of slightly less than half? That would at least cover for my multi-directional mass fire scenario.

PaulaG

Jun 16, 2009
"Alright, I think this is what you would call a 'successful' sneak attack...well done, everybody!"
Nice....

"I don't know what that was, but I really hope we didn't need it....because it be gone"

great episode guys!

flipsalty

May 11, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
It's a good thing in terms of versatility, different load outs and such

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Is anyone else getting a Bayformers vibe from the action in this episode? I mean, the first clue is the weird, digital noise the mechs are making.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
thethingthatlurks said:
...the mere idea that mechs had an intelligent designer...
Oh man, that was pure gold. Whichever one of you two wrote that deserves a high five!

Great show as always, makes Mondays suck less.
Yeah this one was great. The skating mech comments, and talking about the failed star wars program (Strategic Defense Initiative).

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
flipsalty said:
canadamus_prime said:
It's a good thing in terms of versatility, different load outs and such
You sir, obviously never came across a little game named Mechwarrior 4. Do so now. You might still be saved from damnation.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Roller-skating Mechs being the most improbable?

pfft obviously you haven't heard of IGPX Grand Pri which was an anime about Roller Derby but with mechs.