Unskippable: Grandia III

abyzz

Feb 20, 2008
This one was really good, but will you guys make unskippable for something else then RPG's or is this a RPG only thing? not complaining just wondering

dnadns

Divine Ronin
Jan 20, 2009
Another great episode!

I was really expecting some reference to the eye of Sauron, but somehow it didn't show up.

Also I have to note that I got two plants in my living room which go by the name of Bob and Charlie. Kudos from them, too.

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
You guys really need to do one on MGS4. That game has loads of material. I think you could make a satirical trilogy out of it.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
"You think I'd disobey my own mother?"

...and then he tells his friend about how he's going to disobey his mother. By stealing the crystal ball back.

Also, when they said she was his mom, I was all "What? What? Friggedy-what?"

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
That was brilliant! I've just watched all the videos and I've gotta say this has without doubt become my favourite Escapist series.

Kudos, I lol'd hard.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
GrahamS said:
willgreg123 said:
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to wanting you guys to be able to Riff an entire game, 5-7 min episodes leave me wanting so much more.
We'd be open to the idea of longer episodes, but for a web series, we can't go much longer or most casual viewers won't watch it. I'm glad you like it enough to want more though! Taking it as a compliment.

We may indeed revisit games we've already done, but for now there's more than enough games for us to keep it new.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad you're at least open to the idea of revisiting already riffed games, so at least I can look forward to that someday. Though I have to admit, I'm rather jealous I didn't think of riffing games first. Not that I'd even have the technology to pull it off on my own anyways.

Also, I'm a MST3K/Riffing junkie, so it's mostly my almost drug-like addiction to Riffing that makes me pine for longer episodes.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Ok, last week, I said Unskipable wasn't my cup of Tea. :) I think I'm starting to warm up to it. The Pottery ideas and reaction to the Mother thing were hillarious! :D I was kind of doing the same thing. "Whoa?! What? NO! Fuckin' anime!"

"Ugh! RPGs are so picture'esq!" Hee! After Eternal Sonata, I can see that being irritating.

I wonder how many more unskipable scenes are available in the video gaming market before you start running out. :)

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
abyzz said:
This one was really good, but will you guys make unskippable for something else then RPG's or is this a RPG only thing? not complaining just wondering
Like "The Getaway" or "Dead Rising" or "Lost Planet"?
Also "Dirge of Cerberus" isn't actually an RPG... though it's just as bad as one. We count any Square games in that category.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
These are so awesome.
Please tell me you guys will do Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Galerians: Ash, and The Witcher someday.

Alacar Leoricar

Aug 29, 2008
Wow.. wow. This show is basically Mystery Science Theater 3000, but without the silhouettes, robots, talented writers, or funny bad movies and replaces them with fair to poor voice-overs and lame video game cutscenes that we all want to forget.

Shine on, you crazy diamonds.

Jan 21, 2009
"I know this baby inside and out. Especially inside."

Kind of slow to start, but definitely one of your best yet.

Character relations in JRPGs can get kinda freaky.

jahsol

Jan 14, 2009
The mom thing had me laughing. Definitely the highlight of this episode for me. Bravo.

king zettta

Feb 5, 2009
unskippable is the greatest thing since ZP
I just found out about today it combines my love of MST3k with my love of video games its like a dream come true