"Is he holding a crystal skull?"
"That's it."
"I'm out of here."
"Done. Leaving."

I guess that was well-deserved?

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
unacomn said:
At some point, this game starts to riff on itself regarding the outfits. Too bad the gameplay was a tad repetitive and unrewarding. I liked the characters, and the story has the single best element of choice trough gameplay that has been implemented in a game in the last few years.
Soviet Heavy said:
What is the choice? I've no interest in playing the game, but you've piqued my interest in the story elements. Spoiler it of course.
Same here. I think I might look up an LP now. Too bad the Yogscast did just 2 episodes. Not surprising, however, seeing as how bullshit this game looks.

OT: Was this intro literally so bad that Graham and Paul had to Rage Quit......a cutscene?! Wow. That's like a fucking record.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
unacomn said:
At some point, this game starts to riff on itself regarding the outfits. Too bad the gameplay was a tad repetitive and unrewarding. I liked the characters, and the story has the single best element of choice trough gameplay that has been implemented in a game in the last few years.
What is the choice? I've no interest in playing the game, but you've piqued my interest in the story elements. Spoiler it of course.
Here it is:
At some point in the game, you'll run into a difficult battle, hard, and with constant waves of enemies that appear to never end. All trough that fight you are given the option to drink from a cauldron with a liquid that has been clearly shown to turn monsters into a powerful and more grotesque version. It'll be standing there, tempting you as your companion and you are getting steamrolled. If you are a good enough player, and well equiped, you don't need to drink it, but if you feel you can't handle it, the liquid turns the one who drinks it into an unstoppable killing machine, it makes the fight a breeze. You'll be faced with three more choices such as this, and each time you can rely on your skills, or on the liquid, except for the last time. At the last battle where the cauldron shows up, the character that drank the most won't wait for your command, he/she will just jump all over it and snarf it down, eliminating the choice for you. This foreshadows the ending, where, if you're really not going to play it
The one that drank the liquid will murder the other.
What I loved about it is that it wasn't a dialogue choice, it was a gameplay choice, made out of my necessity, that greatly affected the story. It's the only choice of this type the game has sadly, but it is marvelously implemented.

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
unacomn said:
Soviet Heavy said:
unacomn said:
Here it is:
At some point in the game, you'll run into a difficult battle, hard, and with constant waves of enemies that appear to never end. All trough that fight you are given the option to drink from a cauldron with a liquid that has been clearly shown to turn monsters into a powerful and more grotesque version. It'll be standing there, tempting you as your companion and you are getting steamrolled. If you are a good enough player, and well equiped, you don't need to drink it, but if you feel you can't handle it, the liquid turns the one who drinks it into an unstoppable killing machine, it makes the fight a breeze. You'll be faced with three more choices such as this, and each time you can rely on your skills, or on the liquid, except for the last time. At the last battle where the cauldron shows up, the character that drank the most won't wait for your command, he/she will just jump all over it and snarf it down, eliminating the choice for you. This foreshadows the ending, where, if you're really not going to play it
The one that drank the liquid will murder the other.
What I loved about it is that it wasn't a dialogue choice, it was a gameplay choice, made out of my necessity, that greatly affected the story. It's the only choice of this type the game has sadly, but it is marvelously implemented.
So what happens if
neither one ever drinks from the couldren?

And no - I'm never going to play this game - but I would like to know!

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Herbsk said:
And no - I'm never going to play this game - but I would like to know!
You get the happy ending.

The evil dude is destroyed, that pale chick with the money boobs's attempt at instigating the heroes against each other fails, they kill her, and go about like it was just another Tuesday.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Money boobs? Aww man, now normal boobs will never be quite as awesome as they used to be again.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
elf chicks really do have a great sense of style :D

but anyway...I kept thinking they were saying "the DEATH STAR"

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
canadamus_prime said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought she said "Death Star".
That's actually what I thought it was until they showed the actual Stone (lol). So you're not alone. Also, is it me or is it ironic that the elf, and I mean the elf girl is the one who fell for touching the death stone and not the manly barbarian which he warned her not to do? I find that... new.
I've read a similar story, but it involved fruit instead.

aeric90 said:
"Oh great... it summoned a montage." is classic :D I will steal this and use it for my own amusement.
I'm going to do one better, and figure out how to work it into an RPG universe as an actual spell. "Summon Montage"

mip0

Nov 25, 2009
HAHAHA, best one yet! Can't choose a quote.
Longer than usual too, right? ye

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
i actually quite enjoyed this game. A cover based shooter with a half decent story and a fantasy setting. Made my day :D.

OT: Awesome episode, WTB money boobs :)

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
Caramel Frappe said:
canadamus_prime said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought she said "Death Star".
That's actually what I thought it was until they showed the actual Stone (lol). So you're not alone. Also, is it me or is it ironic that the elf, and I mean the elf girl is the one who fell for touching the death stone and not the manly barbarian which he warned her not to do? I find that... new.
I've read a similar story, but it involved fruit instead.

aeric90 said:
"Oh great... it summoned a montage." is classic :D I will steal this and use it for my own amusement.
I'm going to do one better, and figure out how to work it into an RPG universe as an actual spell. "Summon Montage"
Well, obviously it'll be a Bard spell...

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Hello hunter-man.

Look at your elf. Now, back to me. Now back at your elf. Now back to me.

Sadly, she isn't me, but if she used the power of the Death Stone, she could look like me.

Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a pitch-black room, with the woman your elf could look like.

What's that in your hand? Back to me, I have it. It's my left nipple.

Look again. The nipple is now coins.

Anything is possible when you use the Death Stone.

I'm fighting a dragon.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
Favorite parts:

"Game Directer: Michael "MAXX" Kaufman" , "Game Directing TO THE MAXX !!"

and "Ladies and Gentlemen , METALICA !"

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Did they seriously just.....Rage Quit!?! But they're the only guys that can make these cutscenes somewhat bearable.

Wow, it must have been REALLY bad.

The_Vigilant

Jul 13, 2011
Somebody explain to me the purpose of a "playable section" within a cutscene where you literally run in a straight line for 10 seconds. A game must be serious garbage if its developers suspected that its target audience would need a tutorial section for "moving your character down a hallway."