Unskippable: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Part 2 - The Future Has Burlap Sacks

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Killzone: Shadow Fall, Part 2 - The Future Has Burlap Sacks

Killzone's nonsensical intro continues!

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
You know, the more I think about it the less sense the burlap sack makes. It's clearly pretty loosely woven, so it's not great at blocking your hearing or vision, and it's not like they don't have an abundance of heavy metal helmets they can slap on and kill the power to in order to isolate you. Burlap still existing is a feasible thing, but no way that's the best a military like that can do.

Also, Graham and Paul for the UN Security Council: "You take that continent, I'll take this one" will solve global violence in a heartbeat!

Hiramas

Aug 31, 2010
I could not watch you guys play this game on stream (yeah, these two and many more of loadingreadyrun stream on twitch!), the stupidity made my cringe...
Pouring money over the designers while the writers had to eat stale bread and water probably.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Better yet, why not find the Helgast and entirely new planet? That is, of course, if you're devoted to the idea of appeasing your enemies whom you defeated.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Flash forward to 15 years (or 1 year) later while you watch the end of the game with some giant Helghast war machine blowing up (just guessing here, not spoilers). Congratulations, Lucas! Roll credits.

So if she's a Helghast, then they do have actual human-like faces beneath all that future Nazi gear and they don't die from exposure to the planet's atmosphere or anything... why wear it all the time? Surely they know the effects it has on others. Or maybe on their planet, going out without always wearing an orange gas mask and scary armour covering your body is the cultural equivalent of wearing a gas mask and scary armour on our planet, and that lady prisoner was forced to endure that horrible taboo as a severe punishment that there was public outcry over. Sure, makes about as much sense as anything else in the game.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
I'm clearly spending to much time on twitch. I mentally inserted a kappa on the end of "they all have reasonable motivations too"

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
WhiteFangofWar said:
Flash forward to 15 years (or 1 year) later while you watch the end of the game with some giant Helghast war machine blowing up (just guessing here, not spoilers). Congratulations, Lucas! Roll credits.

So if she's a Helghast, then they do have actual human-like faces beneath all that future Nazi gear and they don't die from exposure to the planet's atmosphere or anything... why wear it all the time? Surely they know the effects it has on others.
I love to think that the whole of Killzone is about the cultural misunderstandings that occur when humans meet a group of aliens whose traditional dress happens to make them look like Nazi's.

At the end of it all, they'll look back and laugh. 'Oh ho, you see that red band you wear around your arm...'

JagerBombastic

Mar 3, 2014
The sad truth is you guys are spot on when it comes to the running down the same looking narrow corridor with chest high walls as always.

I kept thing while the cut-scene was panning out man this could be a really great game, if they just let you run around the city like GTA.

Also how could they not realise they look like a satanic version of darth vader. I love how they try to play the martyr, it's kind of like stumbling upon voldemort putting on his long, blond wig with lip stick and pearl earnings repeating to him self constantly, "I'm a pretty girl, I'm a pretty girl". Until someone believes him/them.

SNCommand

Aug 29, 2011
WhiteFangofWar said:
Nah, the ending is far more poignant and dark, a real downer ending, though some people think the twist is a bit contrived

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
I am having a hard time comprehending this. I mean I played the first Killzone forever-and-a-half ago back when it was billed as a 'Halo-Killer' and while not great most of it at least made sense. But this?

I am legitimately confused. There are fans of this game, correct? Fans who like it? Fans who think it is great and could conceivably explain away the apparent nonsense that has been displayed over the last two weeks on this series and shed some light on as to why this is a thing that exists?

Anyone? I would be legitimately grateful for any kind of insight as of now.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
So... is anyone going to explain who screwed up the prisoner transfer and why?

Because it seems like neither side really stood to gain from that situation turning into bedlam...

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
This this is set 32years later, which makes the character we are playing well into this 40s or they mess up the writing of that & it's 14 years from the first cutscene // Either way, this still makes no sense

-M

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
So, uh? How many years passed?
If you say 8 years later, and then ten years later *I* am assuming 18 years total have passed.
So the guy is like 8 + 10 + 16 years old as far as I am concerned.

That aside... did the city cinematic choke a bit just before the waterfall?
Nice showing off "next gen power" there, Sony ;)

Anyway, I was hoping for a blast of silliness after last week, but came away dissapointed. :(

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
"You idiot! You're supposed to kill the Vektan scum AFTER the prisoners are exchanged!" Man, worst prisoner swap ever.

Dickdatduck

Aug 2, 2011
josh4president said:
I am having a hard time comprehending this. I mean I played the first Killzone forever-and-a-half ago back when it was billed as a 'Halo-Killer' and while not great most of it at least made sense. But this?

I am legitimately confused. There are fans of this game, correct? Fans who like it? Fans who think it is great and could conceivably explain away the apparent nonsense that has been displayed over the last two weeks on this series and shed some light on as to why this is a thing that exists?

Anyone? I would be legitimately grateful for any kind of insight as of now.
You can be a fan of a game and not care about the story. I love the Metal Gear Solid series and I will never pretend that the story isn't a convoluted mess.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
How in the hell did such awful writers get combined with a budget big enough to make a game look that impressive? I mean I guess I should know by now that this is just how the entertainment industry works but goddamn this story really doesn't make sense.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
So who attackted the prisoner exchange? Both the Vektan and the Helghast were attacked, the first with a sniper rifle, the second with a rocket or something. Both projectiles seem to have come from behind the protagonist, so from Helghast territory? Why hit their own guy with a rocket?