Unskippable: L.A. Noire

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
L.A. Noire

We cut out the item examinations and the game is 5 minutes long.

Watch Video

Garfy

Nov 6, 2009
Actually there was an episode of the sarah connor chronicles where a terminator accidentally got sent back too far to the 20s.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I feel like I need to try out that charging gun trick with a rampaging rhino.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Leno impression=awesome.

Steampunk Terminator=awesomer.

Red Dead Redemption was actually mostly muppets, though.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Great, now I want a rhino stopping gun that halts rhinos and animals smaller than rhinos using its sheer beauty alone. Thanks, Graham and Paul, for once again filling my mind with awesome things that will never be.

Regarding the cutscene, I almost bought this game because of the face-cap alone. I wish the actual character models were a bit better; the contrast between the amount of detail between the two would cause a serious case of uncanny valley for one not more use to video games. Still, the emotions displayed on the characters' faces is nothing short of impressive.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
"It's pronounced LAP'D"
and the games pronounced L.A Noireeeee!

But yes agreed, someone make steampunk Terminator, I'd pay good money to see that!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
*writes in the big notebook of movie ideas that need to happen*

Steampunk Terminator.

Arnold Schwarzenegger... Bowler hat...

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
BTW, if you've finished this game, you notice how much detail was put into those first few minutes :D

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Did Paul say James Marston, or am I hearing things? Because it's supposed to be John Marston, and then his son is Jack... No James.

Aptspire said:
BTW, if you've finished this game, you notice how much detail was put into those first few minutes :D
Indeed. I had completely forgotten about this opening cutscene, so it was nice to see it again and "oh and ah" at all the little hints and foreshadowing in it.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
mjc0961 said:
Did Paul say James Marston, or am I hearing things? Because it's supposed to be John Marston, and then his son is Jack... No James.
Oh my god, we are having a TERRIBLE run of misquoting protagonists. We shouldn't need to fact-check these things!

Sorry all.

I think Paul was confusing him with James Marsters.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Sorry but you guys killed it when you said 1920s. Haven't even played the game but know the character is a WWII veteran....which would've made it a 20 year difference. Big difference in the course of LA history.

But the Leno impression was okay.