Unskippable: Let's Play: Legaia 2: Part 1

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
... I have to wait until January to watch all of these?
On one hand, not fair, I want to watch them now.
On the other hand... best birthday present ever.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Well, at least I'm able to catch all I didn't see before too long... the club thing sucks a bit for non-club members, but I understand why they did it. Gives a nice little treat to the people who support them.

Also, we need more Let's Plays! It was fun.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
As a non-publisher club member I have one question. When all the videos are released will there be an option to watch each chunk on its own with a commercial as well as the hulu type option of one set of ads then the whole thing with no ads breaking it up?

Please find a way to copy hulu for this, I prefer all my ads before a video not mixed in, especially if it is meant to be watched as one episode.

-2fish

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I was wondering how long it was going to take for the publisher club pushing to really kick in.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Excellent! I recently got Legend of Legaia (The first game.) on the PS1 again a few months back after loving it about 10 years ago. I saw this and was like 'Surely this isn't the second one!?' and yup. It was. Makes me so much happy.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Ben Fishbein said:
What's the difference between this and premium
You don't have to wait until January to see the last episode if you're Premium. Otherwise, not a lot.

ninja_decadeo

Jul 20, 2010
Just to let you all know, I enjoyed Legend of Legaia 2. Was far better than the original. Yeah graphics were meh, story was also a bit meh and the battle system is really annoying (unless you go straight to gamefaqs) but it was fun overall.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Hey they need something to sell their Pub Club to people. As much as I really want to watch the rest I don't blame them for doing this.

samsonguy920 said:
It's like eating the crust before the rest of the sammich. Next week we reach peanut butter!
That's the greatest comparison ever ;D

mip0

Nov 25, 2009
OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooohhhhh ^^ hehe "Unskippable", now I get it. Plus the show is so good you just can't skip it, right?

Looking forward for the continuation.
hcjh84bkhdukht9jhtthe7ho6et39uhk7bkukubkhutetSteffe?

Skullpanda

Jun 12, 2009
Oh lord...I remember that game. It was the only game I've ever seen sold in a Rite-Aid.

That alone was enough to keep me from buying it.

accountdeletethis

Stand-up philosopher
Sep 10, 2008
Another great show from the LRR crew! I can't think of a better praise than the fact I feel like it went by in mere minutes, when it's actually two hours long. Time sure does fly when you're laughing out loud. Keep up the good work :)

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
CaptainCrunch said:
Pub Club Exclusive: members get early access to the whole set of 17 videos!

$20/year gets you into the cool kid's club, loaded with features and benefits. Sign up <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/subscribe>HERE to get access to Publisher's Club.

For those that already have the golden E, here's a link to the premium gallery:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/lets-play-premium
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I missed it when it was actually live, it happened during one of my getting on the Escapist dry spells. It happen the night before I came back.

Now I am extremely happy I got the pub club membership when it was on sale back when it came into existence. Not to say that $20 is bad, I would have paid 20 if it had been 20 then. It is definitely worth the money. It is better than many games I ended up paying $20 dollars for when the price went down on them. And it is pretty much unheard of to get a membership in anything for less then 2 bucks a month.

master m99

Jan 19, 2009
CaptainCrunch said:
theriddlen said:
CaptainCrunch said:
Pub Club Exclusive: members get early access to the whole set of 17 videos!

$20/year gets you into the cool kid's club, loaded with features and benefits. Sign up <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/subscribe>HERE to get access to Publisher's Club.

For those that already have the golden E, here's a link to the premium gallery:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/lets-play-premium

Boo!

I wanted to watch the whole thing, as i missed some parts of live, but this is bloody outrageous!
You can watch the whole thing, even without paying the $20. You'll just have to wait until January 31, 2011 for all 17 parts to be public.
wow the seems like the last episode will be my 18th birthday present from lrr and the escapist =)...or you know coincidence =p shame i missed this but i was doing touristy stuff in vancover cant really complain though as i got to see lrr live whilst i was in canada (still best day of the vacation by far =D)

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
GrahamS said:
Legaia 2: Part 1

Graham and Paul finally let a game stand on more than its intro. It crumples almost immediately.
Enjoy this replay of the live feed and share in their pain.

Watch Video
I'm very glad the recording wasn't as bad as the live feed, I was so curious to see what I missed during those horrendous technical difficulties

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
The Random One said:
JodaSFU said:
It isn't exactly boding well that they used YouTube to establish a baseline quality for this LP. And, why would I pay $20 a year to watch the rest of it, when I already have access to, in my opinion, some of the best quality LPs on the internet from a one-time $10 purchase?
I laugh at you paying $10 to read the SA reviews when they are stored offsite and I can read them for free.

LAUGH I SAY.
Actually, those are the ones that get put up on the LP Archive website. Which can take a while to do, considering the number of LPs the SA community make.

For instance, I was waiting for the continuation of a UFO LP saga, which started with XCOM: Apocalypse and (at the point where I read it) finished with UFO: Aftermath. I was going to read the UFO: Aftershock one, but oh crap, I didn't have an account with archive access and couldn't read it because it was older than 6 months!

It's only now I can read that Aftershock LP.

TraderJimmy

Apr 17, 2010
Good God, first six minutes are so boring! I began to suspect they were deliberately trolling at 5:30, at about the fifteenth "Without further ado". Then they kept ado'ing until 6:30. Aagh. Trialling.