Unskippable: Max Payne 3, Part 1

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Whoo, this was funny! Good job on ripping on the out-of-focusing and horizontal lines. Those were too much! And Yahtzee was right about Max grumbling about doing the wrong thing, then doing it anyway.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Reincarnatedwolfgod said:
those visual affects were beginning to get annoy me and this is only the beginning of the game
You actually adapt to it pretty well after a couple of hours of gameplay/cutscenes.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
"When you're tired of Drinkin' you're tired of Hoboken" never was a truer word spoken. I live here and I have no idea how anyone could NOT drink. Place is lousy with bars.

Walden's Bar looks like DCs one of my favorite true dive bars

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I blame myself for Max's crippling pill addiction. In MP 1 and 2, I used the cheat codes and would swallow fist fulls of the stuff even if I got clipped from one bullet.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Haven't played Max Payne 3, not sure I will. Nice to see that I have the same whisky glasses as him though.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
*Cracks knuckles*

Alright, here we go. I lived in Sao Paulo for seven years. I've been meaning to play Max Payne 3 and see how authentic it is, but this is close enough for now. Anyway, that would be a *really* expensive apartment in Sao Paulo. Like, seriously, nice housing like that, especially nice housing with that much wood is expensive. I guess Max is getting paid enough, but it's nice to point out.

Also, he carries in his stuff in a black plastic bag. Plastic bags are actually illegal in Sao Paulo. See, they were causing a lot of litter and pollution, so they made them illegal. You won't get arrested for having one, but stores aren't allowed to have them.

lohac

Is Now A Hero
Nov 8, 2007
Anyone remember Michael Shanks and Doomsday Arcade? This Unskippable (which I enjoyed more than usual) reminded me of this recent Payne-related thing by him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU0dgjon10U

Good times.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
You point out Rob Nelson but ignore Jeronimo?

This was one of the funniest in a long while, I was cracking up.

GasparNolasco

Dec 13, 2010
Hella funny!
Pretty good achievement making me laugh at one of the most depressing game intros I've ever seen.