Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - As Narrated by Jack Bauer

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - As Narrated by Jack Bauer

Also starring the Red Skull's lesser known cousin, Skull Face!

Watch Video

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Did we really expect anything deeper than "Skull Face" from Kojima?

Also, this intro was so boring the Unskippable voiceover barely kept me tuned in. Dull dull dull dull.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
If you guys are calling this a bad FMV, then maybe this feature is past its expiration date.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Wait, why did the mirror reflection of that Fox patch show as if it were normal left to right text? Ok... so they are made reflective backwards? Strange.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I actually kinda liked the cutscene, it is slow paced, but it works in its favor. (In my SUBJECTIVE taste) I can certainly see why it would disagree with someone, but there you go.

Also love that song.

Alin Dobrovolschi

Apr 30, 2010
I must know the secret to Skull Face's adhesive head. That hat can't possibly stay on with no help under the helicopter blades.

Jan 12, 2012
Alin Dobrovolschi said:
I must know the secret to Skull Face's adhesive head. That hat can't possibly stay on with no help under the helicopter blades.
Nanotech hatband. If the MGS universe has one rule, it's that all awesome technology is used in the most impractical manner possible.

OT: So, are we not going to mention the fact that the kid in the cage unplugged his headphones from his chest? I don't know what sort of soundtrack his own body provides (aside from the obvious heartbeat), but even a Walkman must have been a step up.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So where were Snake/Big Boss and Miller (is that who that was) where they could talk about the rescue mission?
Also, those helmets look more like Wiffle balls!
It was strange to hear Sutherland as Snake instead of Hayter, IMO. I think if anyone's a more valid non-Hayter VA for an older version of Big Boss, it would be the dude who was Solidus Snake in MGS2.
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Alin Dobrovolschi said:
Nanotech hatband. If the MGS universe has one rule, it's that all awesome technology is used in the most impractical manner possible.
Like helicopters controlled by hand signals.

BabuNu

Nov 19, 2009
If you actually imagine Ground Zeroes as a standalone episode of 24 then it's quite a good one!

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
Lightknight said:
Wait, why did the mirror reflection of that Fox patch show as if it were normal left to right text? Ok... so they are made reflective backwards? Strange.
It's for a retro division of Fox hound that couldn't afford two sets of sprites for the left and right facing characters...
you know like Guile and his wrong sided American flag:
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/81608-street-fighter-ii-dos-screenshot-guile-s-sonic-booms.png