Unskippable: Metroid: Other M Part 2

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
Jbird said:
With as many people complaining about Samus's voice actress, when the real blame should be put on the writer of this trite AND the voice director. I feel sorry for Jessica Martin for the bad rep she's getting from fans of this franchise.
I dispensary. Just imagine how great this game would be if voiced by Estelle Harris.

And by great I mean people will die.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
wow that really is horrendously bad!

there are logic flaws in the first cut-scenes of the game! jesus did no one proof read the dialogue writers?

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
There is nothing i can say that isn't already expressed in the Zero Punctuation review.

But, i can add one more punch. Aren't they just the pulse rifles from aliens? Seriously, look at them. They look damn near identical, as far as i can remember.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Hah hah, oh man, I thought people were over-reacting about the 'Samus with a voice' thing... I retract those thoughts and apologise to all the people I may have insulted with my thoughts in some form of recompense for the terrible insult the writers of this game definitely did serve their fans with that crap.

Jan 23, 2010
Missiles not know for their directed explosions? Well maybe she uses shaped charges? *cough*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaped_charge

Aaanyway, I could barely stand listening to this monotone piece of crap. If Paul and Graham weren't so wonderful to listen to I would not have made it beyond the first minute. I have a friend who loved and actively DEFENDS the voice acting in this game. Should I stop being friends with him? He is obviously more insane than the Insane Clown Posse.

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
What is she on? I don't think I've ever heard a voice-acting job done with such an utter lack of emotional involvement before. And the overly verbose narration only makes it so very much worse.

So shaped charges couldn't concentrate the explosive power well enough, but a MISSILE could. Somehow. What.

Missiles not know for their directed explosions? Well maybe she uses shaped charges? *cough*
Shaped charges would generally be what the military would have been using already to try to open the door.

DJShire

Sep 27, 2008
The following may be considered offensive.
So Samus, the character we've known and loved for over two-and-a-half decades, one of the most badass fictional women in gaming, has enough daddy issues to fill the whole strip club? Is that what Other M is supposed to teach us?

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Ya know, when I watched Yatzhee's review, I thought he might be over exaggerating just how terrible the voice acting was. No. Upon reflection, I think he was being generous. It's fucking awful.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
FYI "that guy with the face" at the end was actually Adam, the guy that said "no dice" and "try burning through the door" was named Lyle.

He's the first to die BTW. Kinda deserves it.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Endocrom said:
FYI "that guy with the face" at the end was actually Adam, the guy that said "no dice" and "try burning through the door" was named Lyle.

He's the first to die BTW. Kinda deserves it.
I wonder why they ever even bothered to give them names. They're as personality free and indistinguishable as Stormtroopers... though James Pierce has a killer (heh) mustache.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
I now know what bad voice acting is... And Samus used to be cool...

OT I vote you guys do a LP of this... things have to get worse from here... really...

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
jFr[e said:
ak93]I now know what bad voice acting is... And Samus used to be cool...
OT I vote you guys do a LP of this... things have to get worse from here... really...

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
am i the only one who thinks the babies bottle station looks like that asteroid station from ME2? you know with afterlife?

Jersalyn

Mar 30, 2009
I'd love to hear what the original voice was to see if it was just bad voice acting or directing.

Criquefreak

Mar 19, 2010
I never thought I'd find something redeeming about this game, thank you for turning it into comedy gold, Unskippable.

DoveAlexa

Oct 28, 2009
For the first time ever, I found that cutscene to be too painful to actually finish the video. It was so bad I had to stop -- and I watched ALL of the other unskipables. It boggles my mind that no one noticed how bad this whole things was when the game was being produced.

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
Note: some missiles, actually are really really really good at having direct, specific piercing action. Especially infantry rockets like RPG7 and panzerfaust for example. They have a cone with solid metal (usually copper),at the tip, and when you hit something the explosion melts the cone and sends it forward. Due to SCIENCE! the cone melts in such a way that it is a concentrated straight line of super heated metal that can pierce metal. This is why NATO vehicles have those grills on the side of transports. They don't stop the explosion, but they do make the liquid line have to move a further distance and less effective.
Considering that huge monsters with armor are more dangerous than little guys I am assuming that funnel missiles would be better suited for Samus rather than explosive missiles.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
LOL oh my gosh this is one of the most hilarious episodes ever...

and seriously. people weren't exaggerating with what they said about Other M...