Unskippable: Monster Hunter Tri

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Yopaz said:
hawk533 said:
I really wish that there was a part 2 to this. It was just so ridiculous and the comments so hilarious that I want more.

The intro sequence would have had me scared to death to leave my house, but only if my house was a bomb-proof bunker with 2 foot concrete walls. Otherwise it wouldn't matter if I was in my house or not, I would still be screwed.
Sadly (or perhaps it's a good thing) this game sneaks away with as few cut scenes as possible, so no chance of a part 2, but I agree. The only other cut scenes left all last less than a minute each, and are usually just there to introduce new areas or bosses.
There are several decent cutscenes I could see them working with from this game. There's the one where the Felyne is walking down a road and gets caught in a territorial dispute between two Uragaan. Another one where the Qurupeco has to contend with Jaggi while it tries to fish, and my personal favorite, the Great Jaggi getting co-cocked by a Barroth. That one almost begs for commentary.

*wistful sigh* This episode of Unskippable just reminds me to buy myself another copy of the game. I really loved it, and I want to return to it someday. It'd be nice if they'd release that MMO version for the PC here in the states, but everything I've read says they have no plans to. Boooo.

mustango

Jul 6, 2009
"It's all fun and games until someone is a dragon." Words to live by. But not for very long. Unless you're the dragon, of course.

As Scott Adams has shown many times, cats make great HR professionals.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Ok, that was enjoyable // The fish jokes where funny and making sense of a world where humans and monsters of that size live together entertained me

-M

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Haha yeah it so true that the human would not stand a chance against any of the creatures in the game. It's a shame you didn't do a unskippable on the Jhen Mohran cutscene.
Cough metal gear solid peace walker, -COUGH-

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Little kid fishing falls into the water, and grandpa thinks it's hilarious. "Stupid boy, we didn't need you anyway!"

Taynas

May 20, 2010
Repent your man-thong is my new favorite silly phrase. This one was very funny.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Huh, so do they just copy and paste this type of "crazy hair, impractical chaps are in fashion, cat-people are normal, slutschool girl outfits are mandatory" stuff for these sorts of games? I swear, it all looks so familiar...

Why, I remember when I was a kid and watched whatever was on television, catching some anime shows once in a while. There were some that had generally likable, cool, or non-chap-wearing characters, but they were typically diverse and stood out from each other (even the ones with the giant robots!). So JRPG-type games, what gives? :p

When they got to the cat farmers, I couldn't help but feel that it was just so adorably stupid. (emphasis on the stupid, not adorable).

The Random One

May 29, 2008
As usual, a string of large animal attacks is strung together to give people the impression that the lost monsterworld is a dangerous place when it's actually quite scenic and peaceful. That's what you get for trusting the biased media.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
LadyMint said:
Yopaz said:
hawk533 said:
I really wish that there was a part 2 to this. It was just so ridiculous and the comments so hilarious that I want more.

The intro sequence would have had me scared to death to leave my house, but only if my house was a bomb-proof bunker with 2 foot concrete walls. Otherwise it wouldn't matter if I was in my house or not, I would still be screwed.
Sadly (or perhaps it's a good thing) this game sneaks away with as few cut scenes as possible, so no chance of a part 2, but I agree. The only other cut scenes left all last less than a minute each, and are usually just there to introduce new areas or bosses.
There are several decent cutscenes I could see them working with from this game. There's the one where the Felyne is walking down a road and gets caught in a territorial dispute between two Uragaan. Another one where the Qurupeco has to contend with Jaggi while it tries to fish, and my personal favorite, the Great Jaggi getting co-cocked by a Barroth. That one almost begs for commentary.

*wistful sigh* This episode of Unskippable just reminds me to buy myself another copy of the game. I really loved it, and I want to return to it someday. It'd be nice if they'd release that MMO version for the PC here in the states, but everything I've read says they have no plans to. Boooo.
I haven't seen those. Maybe that proves I should have played a bit longer then... I do have to agree that it would be great to see this on PC because I love this game, but I haven't played it as much as I would like to. I fear that is mostly because I usually end up playing games when I am either just looking around on the internet or get tired from doing school related stuff...

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Best unskippable in a while...

And I don't care how little sense that stamped made.. that was an awesome series of one ups... but that might just be because Draco likes dragons. RAWR!

MrHero17

Jul 11, 2008
That part with the guy dropping the shark down was hilarious! And I love how that one old guy looked to be about 2 feet tall.

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Yopaz said:
I haven't seen those. Maybe that proves I should have played a bit longer then... I do have to agree that it would be great to see this on PC because I love this game, but I haven't played it as much as I would like to. I fear that is mostly because I usually end up playing games when I am either just looking around on the internet or get tired from doing school related stuff...
It just feels like a game that was made for the PC, although I do like using my Wii Classic Controller to fight.

NeoShinGundam

May 2, 2009
LadyMint said:
Yopaz said:
It just feels like a game that was made for the PC, although I do like using my Wii Classic Controller to fight.
There is one for PC, but only in Japan. But hey, if you persevere through MH3 far enough, you can fight this SOB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVEbv9-Lqag

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
LadyMint said:
Yopaz said:
Really? I find most third person action games rather clunky on the PC. To each his own I guess.

Anyway I'm so glad you guys did this, love the game and of course there's plenty of fodder for you guys thanks to its Japanese origin.

The shark joke was awesome.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
wow some of the funniest commentary yet!

then again it's as if the cutscenes were made for hilarious comments to be made about it

gNetkamiko

Aug 25, 2010
"I'm trying to think of a useful job that cats WOULD be good at. And I can't"

That job would be vermin control.