Unskippable: Mortal Kombat

The Random One

May 29, 2008
karloss01 said:
the video is only 13 seconds long, guess the video has glitched.
Phew, I thought I was the only one experiencing that.

Or that everyone else was making up stuff just to mock me.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Warachia said:
canadamus_prime said:
So did Raiden travel back in time or did he send a message back in time to himself?
Also Christopher Lambert as Raiden was awesome! Only problem was they didn't give him enough screen time.

Also I completely agree about the reboot title thing. I mean I hate reboots on principle, but if you must do that at least give it a subtitle or something to distinguish it from the original so as not to confuse the hell out of people.
He just sent a message back to himself to try and change the tournaments outcome.
Which begs to question how he figured that was going to help, 'cause didn't Liu Kang win the original tournament, but then Shao Khan just said "Fuck it, I'm invading anyway."
As far as I'm aware, I think he thought if he sends the message back to the past, his former self will know something went wrong, and it would alter the future to be better than the one he was in, because that one could not possibly get worse.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
That's annoying. Had to listen to those hilariously vapid TAKE40BFF girls, then again when I (in a huff) reloaded the video, thinking the problem was on my end, and saw the ad again. Oh, well, it'll be fixed soon enough.

Areani

Dec 18, 2008
Word of Graham says Escapist servers are throwing a fit. 13 seconds of Unskippable is hardly an acceptable amount of Unskippable.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
10:30pm and still only 13 seconds of Unskippable. It's weird because Jimquisition worked fine for me but I really hope other videos aren't effected like this later in the week too. Big Picture, ZP and, Escape to the Movies are the main ones I'm concerned about. Also, and I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but for me there are a ton of broken images on The Escapist home page.

Errickfoxy

Jul 14, 2010
Blarg. I knew I should have watched it when it first showed up in my RSS. Guess I'll eave it marked unwatched and come back later to see it.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Witty, but short. 13 seconds doesn't go far enough to truly capture the humor I've come to know and love from Unskippable. Tis bold, yes, but my pedestrian mind can't truly come to grips with the potent message being conveyed with such brevity.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
sooooo was that actually just 13 seconds long because there was nothing to make fun of in the cut scenes of mortal combat because they were executed flawlessly with the perfect amount of humor and seriousness, is that some form of glitch, or you guys just feeling a little bit lazy this week and felt we should deal with the crappy ad's for nothing?

Logarithmic Limbo

Mar 13, 2011
Icehearted said:
Witty, but short. 13 seconds doesn't go far enough to truly capture the humor I've come to know and love from Unskippable. Tis bold, yes, but my pedestrian mind can't truly come to grips with the potent message being conveyed with such brevity.
Indeed. I can however not overlook the rather amusing dichotomy of "Unskippable" actually "skip" itself, creating a juxtaposition which in itself is mind-bogglingly ironic. Surely this must be a post-structuralist nod worthy of Foucault himself. As you so briefly, a sly wink to the piece itself perhaps, summarized it, witty and bold.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Covarr said:
Wait, people actually give a crap about Johnny Cage? I thought his sole purpose for existence was to be the Mortal Kombat equivalent of Hercule from DBZ.

P.S. Thanks
I know exactly one person who gives a crap about Johnny Cage...
His favourite Mario character is Waluigi too...

And yeah the videos 13 secs for me too, obviously a problem on their end, will have to bookmark the page so I don't forget about it once it's fixed :p

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Areani said:
Word of Graham says Escapist servers are throwing a fit. 13 seconds of Unskippable is hardly an acceptable amount of Unskippable.
The irony here is that every time I check in, there's the Batman ad I have to wade through before I can see if the episode is fixed. The UNSKIPPABLE AD! >_<

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Covarr said:
Wait, people actually give a crap about Johnny Cage? I thought his sole purpose for existence was to be the Mortal Kombat equivalent of Hercule from DBZ.

P.S. Thanks
He was based on Jean Claude Van Damm, but he didn't like the offer Midway made him, so they renamed the character.

I got the 13 second clip too, I figured it was a subtle play on intros not being unskippable.