Unskippable: Mortal Kombat

leonhax

Jul 5, 2011
umm wait so no one else is getting the problem of the video being only 13 seconds long?

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Um. so is no one else having a problem with the video? Because mine is only playing for 13 sections and then it asks if I want to play again. Help?

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Logarithmic Limbo said:
Icehearted said:
Witty, but short. 13 seconds doesn't go far enough to truly capture the humor I've come to know and love from Unskippable. Tis bold, yes, but my pedestrian mind can't truly come to grips with the potent message being conveyed with such brevity.
Indeed. I can however not overlook the rather amusing dichotomy of "Unskippable" actually "skip" itself, creating a juxtaposition which in itself is mind-bogglingly ironic. Surely this must be a post-structuralist nod worthy of Foucault himself. As you so briefly, a sly wink to the piece itself perhaps, summarized it, witty and bold.
Surely the artistic wit on display here surpasses anything we've seen from them thus far!

(In all seriousness, THIS is why I sort of hate the post-modern contemporary art world. You can call just about anything art and dissect it as if it were art.)

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Definitely worth the wait. And didn't Mortal Kombat always kind of have a plot? I know when you beat the single-player you got an epilogue for your fighter.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
runnernda said:
Definitely worth the wait. And didn't Mortal Kombat always kind of have a plot? I know when you beat the single-player you got an epilogue for your fighter.
There is a story mode to it, its kind of the culmination of Earth vs. Shao Khan. Wouldn't call it the best explanation to Mortal Kombat, but the story line is decent at best.
Though the only end survivors are Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Quan Chi, and Scorpion. I really wouldn't call that line sequel worthy. :/
I prefer the ending stories after you complete the ladder.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Not gonna lie; I'm intriged! And I'm not a huge fan of MK games. The original 90's movie yes. The original MK game, sure. But beyond that, I became less and less of a fan. Now? I'm interested again!

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
chimeracreator said:
Kross said:
Prince Regent said:
Best 13 seconds of my life.
That's what I said! Should be fixed, sorry, having some file server issues lately. :(
It was still broken when I just tried a minute ago.
You may have a bad browser/flash cache if that's the case. I'll try and kick the encoder again though.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Logarithmic Limbo said:
Icehearted said:
Witty, but short. 13 seconds doesn't go far enough to truly capture the humor I've come to know and love from Unskippable. Tis bold, yes, but my pedestrian mind can't truly come to grips with the potent message being conveyed with such brevity.
Indeed. I can however not overlook the rather amusing dichotomy of "Unskippable" actually "skip" itself, creating a juxtaposition which in itself is mind-bogglingly ironic. Surely this must be a post-structuralist nod worthy of Foucault himself. As you so briefly, a sly wink to the piece itself perhaps, summarized it, witty and bold.
Oh my god I lost it!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
oh man I need to pick this game up. gotta find out where they take this story! epicness and relevance shall surely ensue!!

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
"Oh , Scorpion. You will "Get over here!" into our hearts forever."

"They made a movie of this , and I'm played by Christopher Lambert!"

"Oh wow , the planets are aligning! oh , wait , no , just boobs."

"Kombatants , I am Shang Tusng...SO GET READY TO PARTYYY!" 8D

"...for those who didn't meet him , Chance is our bus driver , remember to tip him on your way out."

wow , never thought you could make a good Unskipable episode out of this. XD

and yeah , calling reboots with the same name of the original in video games is really an annoying trend that needs to die , it's not cool , and makes alot of confusion.

anyway , kudos for a great episode you made this week. ^^

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Vanbael said:
runnernda said:
There is a story mode to it, its kind of the culmination of Earth vs. Shao Khan. Wouldn't call it the best explanation to Mortal Kombat, but the story line is decent at best.
Though the only end survivors are Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Quan Chi, and Scorpion. I really wouldn't call that line sequel worthy. :/
I prefer the ending stories after you complete the ladder.
Yeah, those! The epilogues after the ladder are the ones I meant.