Unskippable: Ni no Kuni - Shortest Quest Ever

Jan 12, 2012
So is this Graham's alternate account? Did he forget the password for the regular one?

Also, that animation looks amazing. See what happens when you put the effort in, JRPGs? Your cutscenes go from "cardboard cutouts and text boxes" to "stunning beauty".

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
So is this Graham's alternate account? Did he forget the password for the regular one?

Also, that animation looks amazing. See what happens when you put the effort in, JRPGs? Your cutscenes go from "cardboard cutouts and text boxes" to "stunning beauty".
That's because Studio Ghibli and Level 5. Hell, Level 5 in particular has always had polished visuals in the games I've played from them.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
? I have to ask my mom?
? I asked your mom last night. She said, "yeah baby, don't stop."

That would have better suited Phil's character.

Also, I suspect "saving the world" in this game might mean helping out the town, or even just a neighbourhood.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
There any particular reason you're doing Ni No Kuni this week? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.847313-Unskippable-Deception-IV-Deceive-Me-Once-Shame-On-You-Deceive-Me-Four-Times#20902283] :)

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
This one actually has less prominent boobs than the last one. Miss Leila's don't count because she's wearing neither a leather nor a latex bodice. I thought we talked about this. If you want to cover an actual hentai game, you're going about this completely the wrong way.

Briantb

Feb 6, 2014
Don Reba said:
? I have to ask my mom?

Also, I suspect "saving the world" in this game might mean helping out the town, or even just a neighborhood.
You do help out the town a bit to progress, but the core of the story is to save Oliver's mom.

Honestly wasn't a bad game, only reason I never finished it was I always started to or did fall asleep when playing it. Wasn't the gameplay so much as the music. Don't get me wrong the music is great but it just always knocked me out.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Brian Bohnett said:
Don Reba said:
? I have to ask my mom?

Also, I suspect "saving the world" in this game might mean helping out the town, or even just a neighborhood.
You do help out the town a bit to progress, but the core of the story is to save Oliver's mom.
So... Detroit is still screwed?

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Man, this game. I think I was 10 hours in and I had no idea what was going on. I was stealing people's happiness to increase my powers. All I could think of was, "I am to good guy, right?"

Raku-Gosha

Apr 21, 2014
Man when I heard about this game my PS envy was through the roof! Level-5 and Studio Ghibli! How could it fail!!

" hmmm by pandering, padding, and cringe inducing voice-work and dialogue of course! " HRRRGHRHG

I got over it. Still gorgeous game. Would have been better spent resources on Rogue Galaxy 2 though. Guy can dream.

Keiichi Morisato

Nov 25, 2012
Raku-Gosha said:
Man when I heard about this game my PS envy was through the roof! Level-5 and Studio Ghibli! How could it fail!!

" hmmm by pandering, padding, and cringe inducing voice-work and dialogue of course! " HRRRGHRHG

I got over it. Still gorgeous game. Would have been better spent resources on Rogue Galaxy 2 though. Guy can dream.
i thought the voice acting was great, hell for once, they got a real child to voice act in the game instead of a woman. for drippy they got a real welshman to play a welsh fairy.

Raku-Gosha

Apr 21, 2014
Keiichi Morisato said:
Raku-Gosha said:

i thought the voice acting was great, hell for once, they got a real child to voice act in the game instead of a woman. for drippy they got a real welshman to play a welsh fairy.
Well I'll concede on that aspect. It was a great move to maintain some authenticity with the voices. I'll give you that one Keiichi Morisato

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Skeleon said:
This one actually has less prominent boobs than the last one. Miss Leila's don't count because she's wearing neither a leather nor a latex bodice. I thought we talked about this. If you want to cover an actual hentai game, you're going about this completely the wrong way.
Well, not in the opening cutscene. Depends on what the White Witch is wearing, or whoever owns that crystal ball and impeccably-dressed parrot.

When Paul was saying "Wrath of the White Witch", I thought he sounded like Elmer Fudd, so I had to do his signature laugh.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
All jokes aside.

This was an AMAZING game.

One of the best JRPGs in the last decade.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Don Reba said:
? I have to ask my mom?

This is the dissonance almost any piece of media featuring kids in the "10 to 16 years old" bracket has to endure, because to have those kids talking the way they really do would be far too cringe-inducing. If the dialogue in say, Harry Potter, had been anywhere near the real thing, the sheer amount of dick and "your mom" jokes made between Harry and Ron would have anyone tossing the book out within minutes.