Unskippable: R.U.S.E.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
gamegod25 said:
The real ruse is making us believe that things were actually happening in the cutscenes.
Bang! You took the words right out of my mouth with that post.

God lord guys, I know it's war time and all but I know you can get some light bulbs for the buildings you know. D:

Lilitu

Feb 22, 2011
LadyRhian said:
Lilitu said:
Yay for the Babylon 5 reference!^^

Prometheus again and again?! As if there weren't any other mythological heroes! *sigh*
Well, there was Epimetheus, but he was just an afterthought.
Well, there are some other heroes as well (http://www.theoi.com/greek-mythology/heroes.html). Some can even be found in video games :)
And there are 'some' other mythologies. Mythologies are so rich, there are so many heroes, deities, gods and creatures. But well, everybody knows Prometheus... :D

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Now why you gotta be hatin' on Eugene's sunhat? He paid ten bucks for that.

Good episode. Felt like you guys were in a bit of a slump. Now we go up the hump.

Undaunt

Dec 8, 2010
It might be profuse sleep deprivation from any combination of work, university, homework, and girlfriend aggro but you gotta hand it to these guys. They get funnier every time.

CatinHat

Apr 30, 2009
How can they play cards with such crappy lighting? How they know what they got or for that matter were the door is lol

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
For all of you complaining, it's sort of the put a scene in the present then go back in time thing to where it all started, if you played the campaign basically all Prometheus is, is a spy who is very good at what they do who is responsible for "killing American solders"(literally this is the motivation Sheridan has for taking Prometheus, even when he captures Vichter and interrogates him despite the Germans taking some of the biggest military casualties of the war that dwarf the American casualties), there's no point in paying attention to the story since it's just another cliche teacher-warrior story and it's terrible. Rather annoying when the hardest parts of the campaign have in game cutscenes which locks your camera from doing anything while the game world is still active, so your defences could be destroyed by the time the in game cutscene is over rather annoying.

MeTheMe said:
Ahaha, another good one, but maybe here's some other meanings for the title...

Radically Unending Show of Extremes?
Royal Usurping Shadow Exiles?
Rams Using Shuriken Expertly?

Maybe the R.U.S.E.... was just a distaction.
It actually stood for nothing apparently so yah.

ForgottenPr0digy said:
wait they allowed women in the military back then??
She's a spy and yes they did. The only ones that come to mind would be Britain and Russia since they had granted universal suffrage and that would be one of the things they showed off. In fact some of Russia's most famous war veterans like their best sniper and best fighter pilots were women. Hell the fighter pilots would put a painting of a rose on their plane for each kill they got.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Good effort guys but his was a meh episode due to this cutscene being pretty flat and boring.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Zom-B said:
Perhaps I'll be put on probation for this comment, but man, I will never waste my time clicking on an Unskippable again. Boring, not funny and pointless basically sums up my opinion of this feature. Sorry guys, keep trying.
Well, it wouldn't say it's our best episode but, whatever, you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for giving us a shot!

Zom-B

Feb 8, 2011
Graham_LRR said:
Zom-B said:
Perhaps I'll be put on probation for this comment, but man, I will never waste my time clicking on an Unskippable again. Boring, not funny and pointless basically sums up my opinion of this feature. Sorry guys, keep trying.
Well, it wouldn't say it's our best episode but, whatever, you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for giving us a shot!
Well, thanks for taking the time to respond. I just don't understand what Unskippable is. I watched, or tried to watch, two episodes. It was basically you guys talking over cut scenes. I couldn't tell if you were discussing them, making fun of them, cracking jokes, critiquing them or reviewing the story. It just sounded like two internet guys who thought they were funny and had made a video to show their buddies, talking over top of a video game. I guess I'm just not "in" on the joke. (if there is one)/

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Graham_LRR said:
Zom-B said:
I just finished an Unskippable marathon session (watching it for one and half days straight from bed till bed while I play a game with annoying sounds on mute) and I have to say I love this feature. There are some ones out there that made me almost cry with laughter.

Some of them are excellent and some are just above-average (emphasis on the above-average not the just).

You have to just chill and it makes you feel like you have your friends over chatting through the cutscenes like mine always do. Lot more penis jokes/sexuality questioning in our cutscene chat though I have to say.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Does anything happen in that game? Seems like a lot of talking to me!

Oh and Really Uneasy Sideglance Ending

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Zom-B said:
Well, thanks for taking the time to respond. I just don't understand what Unskippable is. I watched, or tried to watch, two episodes. It was basically you guys talking over cut scenes. I couldn't tell if you were discussing them, making fun of them, cracking jokes, critiquing them or reviewing the story. It just sounded like two internet guys who thought they were funny and had made a video to show their buddies, talking over top of a video game. I guess I'm just not "in" on the joke. (if there is one)/
The only "In" joke, is that they ARE funny.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
HankMan said:
Wait a minute, the general's name is 'Burn' then shouldn't the guy named 'Prometheus' be looking for him?
Greek Mythology reference
Speaking of Prometheus and burning...

OT: This was a very confusing series of cutscenes.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
I'm a big fan of your work, I love LRR and Unskippable, but this by far was one of your weakest, Don't get me wrong, I'll watch again next week, but I'm hoping for better.

Zom-B

Feb 8, 2011
Mouse_Crouse said:
Zom-B said:
The only "In" joke, is that they ARE funny.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.