Unskippable: Resident Evil 6

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Am I the only one who thought their computer was acting up when the cutscene just stopped there at the end for a few seconds?

Other than that great video!!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Ha ha, game! You tried to avoid the wrath of the Unskippable by making your cutscene barely interactive, but the two wise and handsome men saw right through your gambit.

Captcha: oh, you. It knows what I'm talking about

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I never played this game. Not out of contempt, I've just never played a RE game so I was uninterested. But OH, make no mistake I heard the stories. I heard the tales of terror and tragedy. I heard what horrors awaited in the cursed disk.

But NOTHING could have prepared me for... this unIMAGINABLE terror!

This... is one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen in my life.

The QTEs were so staggeringly unnecessary and stupid they gave me the constant urge to take a cheesgrater to my uvula. That specifically. I don't even know HOW I would take a cheesegreater to my uvula.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
This cut-scene is so boring that it makes me want to just give up even thinking about it. Capcom gets worse every year.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Matthi205 said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
So what DOES happen if you "fail" the QTEs?

Yes, that's the burning question in my mind.
Nothing, most of the time the game just gives yo the same prompt again until you "beat" it.
I was surprised there wasn't an acheivable for completing it.

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
As Chris Buechler, below the video, pointed out the walking hair-care-product-advertisement removed boards to push open a door. The boards were connected to the door frame, not the door. He was unable to PUSH open the door, yet he magically could after removing the boards that were NOT touching the actual door. How could none of the animators realize this?

It's like those old Scooby Doo scenes when they would board up the door with furniture only for the villain to simply pull the door open.

Rorro

Dec 27, 2011
"Come with me stick, you will be my best friend now." ROFL.

Also captcha was "big nose". What is the Escapist trying to pull here?

12th_milkshake

Nov 20, 2008
I watch these very seldomly, every so often i give it another go and they are just bad. It's poor jarring humour. Stopped at 3mins as that wasn't worth having to watch the 30sec advert which sadly was funnier. Just go watch Literals they are much more considered and entertaining.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
Wow, what a crappy start to a game. The beginning should represent what the game's about. Resident evil is about evil corporations and zombies. All we got were QTEs and a guy carrying a girl down a corridor.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Og my do they really put that many quictime events in such useless places now just to not allow you make some tea during those cutscenes?
This has to be one of the worst intros ever in gaming, and its Capcom, to no surprise.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
What the hell was that helicopter even shooting at? The air?
And honestly everyone knows the proper cary etiquette for female companions is to fling them over your shoulder.
If you mean a Fireman's Carry then yes, yes that Is what Leon should have done but instead and as per usual the RE universe is populated by morons as evidenced by the fact that a mini-gun equipped helicopter couldn't hit a 2 meter tall stationary target at near point blank range

Holythirteen

Mar 1, 2013
My video cut out too...

Maybe the capture program comitted suicide?

Odd how it never did that for any of those goofy JRPG's....

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Hah, glad to see they had the same inclination as myself with that dead body and the gun. I literally said "get the gun" a second before they mentioned it. It seems really strange to specifically investigate the body and then not take it.