Unskippable: Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Oh great! I was wondering when I'd get an opportunity to post this.

Enjoy your nightmares.​

Also, it's the Sun that has the infamous Page 3 girl, not the Star, the Star has boobs throughout. But close enough.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Yes, those bloody foreigners!

Very funny episode.

Also, for anyone who misses ENN, you might want to click on this link: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/checkpoint/101/

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
lol great episode guys. Those graphics were horrendous for a modern game. That looked like early PS2 at best. And wow, if your first objective is to find a map of London, then I'm not too sure if I'd want to touch that game with a 12 foot pole.

I agree with Subtlefuge above. This game would probably make a hilarious Let's Play.

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
loodmoney said:
Mydnyght said:
What the shit did I just watch? Holmes needs Watson to get a map of London?!
Perhaps this explains it:
Entamrik said:
Based on the best selling novel; 'Sherlock Holmes vs his smoking habit'
As Holmes' drug habit has got the best of him; Watson has to do all the work:

"Watson, I've become rather tired. Could you carry me to the crime scene?"

"My dear Watson, my eyes seem to not be working. They see things, but only in various shades of green. Would you kindly scan the ground for a footprint that matches the one we saw earlier?"

"Perhaps this is the opium talking, but my body is so large that it covers the entirity of London. If I could hold my breath for long enough, I'm sure I could sense the murderer from the comfort of my armchair. Help me find my armchair, Watson."
So Holmes becomes Nero Wolfe then? Good to know.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
"Wow, that sounds incredibly boring. Maybe we can play a video game instead!"
Pure gold.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
I miss these truly bad games in unskippable, I love how the writing is so good but the game design and pacing is just rediculously crap. Also constant errors make for giggletimes.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Myrph said:
I have to admit, the first thing I did when I finished watching this was to pull up a map on TFL to work out how to get from Baker Street to Whitechapel. Its actually quite a distance away, so probably would need either a damn good sense of direction or a map to navigate, especially since the roads in London are some of the most confusing I've had to navigate!
Yes, but you should remember that this game takes place well over a hundred years ago, when London was a lot more sensibly arranged.

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
It takes one sentence to recognize a shitty fucking readjob of a voiceacting.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Okay, I have a new nominee for the next Let's play!!
That has to be one of the most epic crossovers ever, who won?? Seriously, I have to know how this plays out!!
Man that game is pitiful though, and it was released 2010 and got a 62 metacritic??

Alahmnat

Nov 20, 2010
k-ossuburb said:
Oh great! I was wondering when I'd get an opportunity to post this.

Enjoy your nightmares.​
This is quite possibly as funny if not funnier than LRR's commentary.

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
that looks like a really really bad game

P.S

happy independence day to the Israelis

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Nice one guys, good, riffs, as usual. And that last line at the very end mde me laugh more than it should've...

The concept of Sherlock Holmes hunting for Jack the Ripper is an entiriging one (plus, Holmes probably would have solved the damn case)... Does anyone know if it's been done anywhere else? 'Cause that sounds like a story I'd like to get into...

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
And then LA Noire comes out and we find out everything that DOESN'T make a detective game bad.

Arren Kae

Nov 10, 2010
Holmes smokes pipes, not cigs.

"That sounds boring. I'd rather play a videogame instead."
was the best bit.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
How do you make such a terrible Sherlock game? They just had a 3 episode BBC series on Sherlock and it was fantastic. Just take those characters and make a game out of that. Good lord.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
What the carp is...?

Why would they make...?

Who proposed a crossover between...?

*Falls down from confusion*