Unskippable: Space Marine

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
K4RN4GE911 said:
"So THAT'S where the Necromorphs parked the Ishimura."

God, that had me laughing like an idiot.
I did that , too. XD

but I ended up accidentally choking on my own saliva and start coughing. :S

I also laughed at that line because I start playing the PS3 version of "Dead Space: Extraction" yesterday , weird , is it ?

I also liked the call back to the previous episodes with the "Metroid: Other M" reference. ^^

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
"Same as they are now?" Are you kidding? They don't even have voice chat in this future never mind video chat! I mean what kind of shit-hole future is this???

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
bor3ds0ul said:
Everything was so.... brown. So brown and bland. And why are monitors so horrible in the future?
The game itself is actually quite refreshingly colourful.
There's lots of brown, but plenty of actual colours too!
Aye, it's a shame most people only get to see the intro or the first few stages. A lot of the later stages have very interesting colors hues and the bad guy themselves are always colorful (orks are green to begin with) and you yourself are dressed in blue after all.

I know people are tired of brown shooter... but at some point, you got to be realistic here... dust and dirt will be brown :p

MaxFan

Nov 15, 2008
Neuromaster said:
LOL @ giant green truck nuts.
Actually, Orkz reproduce asexually, they're a fungus. At least, that was the story last I played 40k, not sure how it's changed in the last 10 years.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
This was a great episode of Nonskippabulus.

Why didn't anyone suggest nuking it from orbit? Using those exact words, I mean? There was a perfect opening, and it's the only way to be sure.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
And that was the 27 1/2th time I died.

But yeah, orcs.....excuse me....orks and the shooting/stabbing of them.

Rinse repeat, add ship debris, bam game.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
The Gentleman said:
"The Orks: The truckers of the universe"

I need a bumper sticker of that.
"My Other Car Has More Dakka"

Warachia said:
I was really hoping for other M part 3, oh well.
To be honest, I'm glad they've moved on. Not that it could be helped, but even they had a rough time making those cut scenes tolerable.

The callback this video had to MoM was hilarious, though.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Random berk said:
bird of hermes said:
Random berk said:
A couple of things. First of all, if humanity no longer understands the technology it uses, then who is building those titan things? Secondly, I didn't think objects the weight and general shape of safes could fly, even if you attached rockets to them. Finally, I don't know who voiced those space marines, but they all make Marcus Fenix sound as if he was voiced by Sir Ian McKellen.
They know how to build it and in some degree (if it's their job) how it works, but they believe in the machine spirit, meaning that they think each machine has a spirit they need to appease before using. Also, they're restricted to some standard or other (that's a part of the lore I'm not too familiar with) and anything that doesn't conform to that standard is heretical. Hope that kind of clears that up.

I could be wrong about some of the details, but I think the general gist of it is right.
Sort of. Until now I thought that the entire Imperium was only using ancient, gradually degrading tech from a long lost generation, and that when it failed they would all be screwed. It made me wonder why in that case we were supposed to be rooting for them and not the Tau, who seemed like a reasonably advanced and decent, non crazy fundamentalist crowd.
The AdMechs of the Imperium have something of a scam going on. They are constantly looking for design templates to build superpowerful weapons from the past. However, there are rumors that many of these design templates are actually brand new creations made by the AdMechs, which is heretical.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
bor3ds0ul said:
Everything was so.... brown. So brown and bland. And why are monitors so horrible in the future?
That's the best they can manage. No, I'm serious. The tech heads in this universe have LITERALLY forgotten most of their own tech! As for why they don't improve, there are many reasons ranging from legitimate concerns to superstitious nonsense. An example for a legit concern would be the risk of Deamonic possession. Think that mod to your lasgun that makes it more accurate is awesome? Too bad it's circuitry forms a mark of Khorne and now you have a demonically possessed weapon that now has control over you!

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
The Random One said:
This was a great episode of Nonskippabulus.

Why didn't anyone suggest nuking it from orbit? Using those exact words, I mean? There was a perfect opening, and it's the only way to be sure.
If you're talking from an in-game perspective, it's because there is a LOT of valuable tech on that planet the Imperium REALLY does not want to lose or risk damaging. Titan production facilities are no small matter here.

If you're talking from the commentator's points, then I don't have a slagging clue.

Mr.Fable

Mar 27, 2011
Man I hate the Space Marines, Imperial Guard FTW! I mean, think about it, they don't have any of the genetic enhancements or super powerful weapons, and all they're wearing are flak jackets and are armed with what basically amount to flashlights(lasguns), yet there able to fight all the monstrosities of the 40k Universe and win. That's pretty bad ass.

Also, this intro needed way MOAR DAKKA.I mean seriously, one cannon? That's it?

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
A few things.

1. 5-37 days. Holy shit. That's waaaay too fast. Are you sure that isn't the time it takes for the Munitorum to acknowledge the need to acknowledge the need to stamp the forms needed to requisition the forces needed to file the call for assistance?

2. Did anyone notice that when Helmetless Marine 1 landed on the Kroozer it started to crash? Looks like someone really let himself go...

3. An Ultramarine taking unauthorized actions. Bull. Shit. Roboute Guilliman wrote the Codex Astartes. The book that contains every single doctrine and tactic of the Ultramarines. Breaking those rules is akin to complete and utter heresy. In the end... these must be the poser marines!

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I was actually eating a Pop Tart while watching that. Too bad I wasn't listening to jazz.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Vesuvius Hetlan said:
A few things.

1. 5-37 days. Holy shit. That's waaaay too fast. Are you sure that isn't the time it takes for the Munitorum to acknowledge the need to acknowledge the need to stamp the forms needed to requisition the forces needed to file the call for assistance?

2. Did anyone notice that when Helmetless Marine 1 landed on the Kroozer it started to crash? Looks like someone really let himself go...

3. An Ultramarine taking unauthorized actions. Bull. Shit. Roboute Guilliman wrote the Codex Astartes. The book that contains every single doctrine and tactic of the Ultramarines. Breaking those rules is akin to complete and utter heresy. In the end... these must be the poser marines!
The Ultramarines have been known to throw it out every once in a while before. I think this is the third time in recorded history.

Of course, nobody I know actually likes the Ultramarines.

/Iron Hands FTW

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
The butt thong think is actually an oath to the emperor (their god) written on a scroll.

I like the big about Orks putting skulls on their ship for fun. Because that is exactly what they do. And it also makes it work better. Just thinking that something works, makes it work. For example, painting a motorcycle with racing stripes makes it go faster, because the Ork thinks that it goes faster with stripes. Orks are so crazy for fighting and are so dumb that reality around them is altered.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
You just know the only soldier with the brains to protect his skull gets killed within the first five minutes.