Unskippable: Spider-Man: Edge of Time

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Huh... I'm not sure, but I think the camera spazzing out when future-spidey was going through the vents was mostly just playing with perspective more than any ludicrious twists and turns of the vent itself.

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
MatParker116 said:
I think that was Anti-Venom
'Twas, but unless you actively read the comics, you might not know that. Plus, Anti-Venom is Eddie Brock, which further confuses things.

Looks like Venom (sorta), acts consistent with Venom (sorta), and is Venom (sorta).
Oh god, I thought that was just a bad pun because he was Venom with inverted colours.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
PurePareidolia said:
Oh god, I thought that was just a bad pun because he was Venom with inverted colours.
Sadly, no. Or rather, it may have been a pun, but there is an Anti-Venom. I don't know the whole story because I only read it on Wikipedia (and only because I was looking up other stuff), but yeah, it's real.

And groan-worthy.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
DJShire said:
Graham, that last bit was very, very wrong.

If its on Fox, it will last for half a season then be cancelled....and the fan outrage will be GINORMOUS.
Nonono, it would go for 10 seasons. The reason being that the show would actually be crap. But since this is Fox, which functions out of bizzaro world, it'll keep going and going until it finally runs into the ground due to Fox's demands. That way they can keep producing then canceling great shows and keep horrible ones going.

Hell, I'm looking forward to the two-part episode that is made from this cut-scene alone!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DJShire said:
Graham, that last bit was very, very wrong.

If its on Fox, it will last for half a season then be cancelled....and the fan outrage will be GINORMOUS.
that's only true if someone actually likes it.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
For the people who are making fun of the awesomeness of Anti-Venom...

That's OK because everyone who was unfortunate enough to read the shit that had Anti-Venom as a character did too.

Using the character, especially as it is there leads to a shitload of problems:

Firstly, he's gone now; he lost the "suit" late last year, the same year the game came out, so the game is immediately dated. He was removed because fans thought that it was a stupid piece of shit, writers didn't want to use him and the writers that might have wanted to use him couldn't do very much with him because one of his "powers" is that Spider-Man loses his powers whenever they get close to each other (and the explanation for how this worked was beyond fucking retarded), this makes it even harder for writers to give a shit.

Secondly, Anti-Venom isn't a fucking villain. Eddie Brock (who fully controlled the Anti-Venom suit) had become a reformed Christian (he became very religious, I can't remember if the specific religion was Christianity, but considering how he spoke and acted it's the most likely one) and had forgiven Spider-Man a long time before that. In fact in almost all his appearances he worked with Spider-Man (even though Anti-Venom wasn't trying to kill him anymore he was still rather disturbed by him and was still very untrusting of him) although they had to keep some distance from each other to avoid Spider-Man losing his powers. Fun Fact: Eddie Brock was actively trying to prove himself as a hero to Spider-Man and even befriend him to an extent.

Bad Activision! Bad Activision! You're lucky I don't come down to your studios and rub your noses in it.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Coolpilot said:
The real question isn't why the ventilation shaft corkscrews, it's how the HELL did they build all of those buildings in only 17 years?
2099, not 2029.

Also Anti-Venom is a thing? But.. last I heard Venom was a kind-of-good-guy. Or at least not actively bad.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
God, how long was that ventilation shaft? Who would build one like that? Just...wow.

Once again, we get a trophy during Unskippable. They just wanna give these trophies away, don't they?

And "Earlier...in the future"... Wait, WHAT?! o_O

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
Ugh. Trying to gain a cohesive understanding of any comic book series is just begging for a headache. I'm not even going to try to figure out this AntiVenom thing.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
"Miguel O'Hara, Alcemax geneticist" is all well and good but it's his sidekick I'm more interested in "Future Rat"!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Well... that was a confusing opening. Still, great riffs guys.And I kinda guessed that was AntiVenom in the opening there... but I haven't ready any of the newer Spider-man coimics, so i really don't care.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
omg...

Actual in-game footage!

Granted, psuedo-in-game footage, since technically it's supposed to be an 'interactive cutscene' sort of thing, but footage of gameplay nonetheless!

Also, yeah, why does the ventilation shaft need ventilation?

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
For some reason, I enjoyed the hell outta watching this episode, something about seeing Spidey 2099 doing nothing but crawling on all four for almost 10 minutes made me lol on anything Paul and Graham said. XD

also, I like how over-dramatic "Miguel O'hara: Alechmax geneticist" sounds. XD