Unskippable: Star Wars The Old Republic

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
Keith K said:
Why must every single Star Wars game reuse the same John Williams scores from the movies? There's a million Star Wars games already and only 8 hours of music between them.
This:

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
what I want to see just once is someone with a double lightsaber messing up the spin and cutting themselves in half. I trained to use a bo-staff for five years, and I can't remember the number of incidents I saw involving a nutshot with those things. they must lose half their padawan that way.

Naturality

Feb 23, 2010
"That's why you don't bring a double lightsaber to a three lightsaber fight"

This bit had me in hysterics.

klausaidon

Aug 4, 2009
Pfft, of course there is a reason to be wearing a cowbow hat, and duster in space.
It has good stats.
Cowbow hat is +35 to ranged accuracy, and the Duster raises Crit chance by 25%!
And don't get me started on those boots!

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
"get off my space lawn you rebels"

I see what ya did there, and it was awesome.

and I don´t know about you, but to me being called Space Marston is a quality stamp of awesome ^^

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Baresark said:
Great episode.

Off topic: I hate how these movies have become one giant cliche. Flippy spinny lightsaber battle. I'm relatively sure that same trooper without the helmet was in the second old republic trailer we saw, with the same gatling laser type gun. And, why are all the Jedi only one single character?

... because they are the same people? They tend to look the same as themselves when that's the case.

OT: Hilarious, I think this episode is my new favourite.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Liked the Great Darkness comments...
"Mike Patton? Here?"
"Oh, you mean that black stuff? No, it's called space."
Naturality said:
"That's why you don't bring a double lightsaber to a three lightsaber fight"
Yeah, but remember... triple-bladed lightsabers aren't cool anymore.

Maybe we DO need circular lightsabers after all...as stupid as they sound.

Aug 25, 2009
I'm not going to play it, I'm not going to follow any storylines from it, and generally I'm bored with Star Wars ever since Legacy of the Force held the likable characters down and forcefed them George Lucas home brand stupid pie, but this still looks pretty cool.

Then again, it's Star Wars, all of the lightsaber fights look cool, the gamble is whether the story around them will be any good, and Han Solo, Cowboy edition just isn't doing it for me. However, the concept of having a Republic Trooper, a Smuggler, and a Jedi Apprentice who just lost her master all on one ship is one of the better beginnings for a SW story I've seen in a while.

Of course, that it basically is Star Wars Episode IV probably takes some of that cool away. When the trooper and Jedi went for the gun turret I just had to shake my head at how badly they were ripping off the original.

retterkl

Oct 27, 2008
Why is everyone ratting on this cutscene? It was awesome.

I may be a fanboy, but a fanboy who knows when stuff is good or crap. Like TFU 1 and 2 were crap, but this, this is awesome.

John Dimaggio is on par with Harrison Ford, let it be said.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Dear god... That intro was EXACTLY that one scene from Episode 4.

Has ANYTHING good come out of Star Wars since the original trilogy?

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
hawk533 said:
While that cinematic may have been terribly cliche and completely wasted on an MMO, that was still pretty awesome. Three lightsabers for the ridiculous win, followed shortly after by a loss because you can't beat a Sith trainee. Everyone knows the master is the weak one.
He wasnt a trainee... there is always a Sith Master and their Apprentice, both are still considered Sith Lords. Its set up like that so that the next leader of the Sith will always be stronger than the last. Its called the Rule of Two.

So he was actually fighting 2 Sith Lords and he bested the weaker one, thats why the Apprentice killed his Master, because he knew he was more powerful and it was time for him to take over as Master.

I... I know too much about it, but its interesting as fuck to me! I cant help myself!

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
So many cliches. All of these SW- TOR trailers seem to be nothing but a long list of overused scenes and cliches.

Still looks neat... but i feel the game isnt likely to ever be nearly as fun/cool as the trailers.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Gammaj4 said:
Okay, does it make sense to anyone that a man who has trained his whole life in the art of the single lightsaber can suddenly DUAL WIELD with a DOUBLE SIDED LIGHTSABER.

Cause that doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

But yeah, great episode, as usual.
He is clearly a Master, doesnt seem to be a skilled force user so maybe he trained in Lightsaber combat? This would explain his profficiency with different types of Lightsaber? No? He used, what... Force Push a couple of times and Force Wave once? Yoda is a Master of the Force and even he knows a couple of tricks with a Lightsaber, I dont see why this guy wouldnt know most of the tricks with a Lightsaber.

Mikodite

Dec 8, 2010
OK, so the storyline is about these people, a Jedi, a trooper, and a smuggler, who...

DO YOU CARE? ITS AN MMO! WHO BOTHERS WITH THE 'PLOTLINE' IN AN MMO?

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
klausaidon said:
Pfft, of course there is a reason to be wearing a cowbow hat, and duster in space.
It has good stats.
Cowbow hat is +35 to ranged accuracy, and the Duster raises Crit chance by 25%!
And don't get me started on those boots!
Bull! Those stats are way too high... HAX!