Unskippable: Starhawk

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Starhawk

Space westerns that you might forget occur in space.

Watch Video

Apr 28, 2008
So, since their eyes smoke, do they fill up the goggles if they're covering the eyes?

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
"I know this is a funeral pyre, but... do you have any marshmallows?"
I don't know why, but that struck me as so funny.
I also appreciated the 'no! Not more armoured cores!'
The last few Unskippables have really made me want to play the games they're talking about, just because I kind of want to see whether I can keep a Graham/Paul-style commentary running in my own head throughout an entire playthrough.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Space slugs milked for protein? Double Futurama jokes! Slurm and Buggalo! Wait, what do buggalo produce when milked?

captcha: golden gate bridge
I got nothing, it's a great bridge.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
You usually take the piss out of a game's opening scene but the 'moving comic-book' visual style actually has me intrigued despite having never heard of it before. I'm guessing the gameplay doesn't measure up. Also the name 'Emmett' will forever remind me of Emmett 'Doc' Brown, who of course had his own adventures in the wild west.

'The Outlaw'. Really. Any relation to 'The Freaks' and 'The Cell' from Crackdown 2? He must get so much hate from all the other space-outlaws.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Guess I only have one comment for this game.

"Shiny"...if you catch my drift

It doesn't seem all that lousy, although the plot seems paper thin. Has anybody played it?

Daeggreth

Oct 22, 2009
Huh. A few elements of the cutscene were a little silly, but hot damn I love space westerns. I kinda want to play this game now.

You guys probably should have turned the game volume down a bit more for Paul's line: "Really? I think maybe you should be more selective with your jobs." Kinda loses it's humour when the game says the same thing at nearly the same time. Or not. Humour being subjective and y'all being the professionals. ^_^

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
ummm okay didn't follow any of that, I was mostly distracted by the thought "Hey look, Mass Effect 4 concept art"

I now know exactly what the instructions are for my funeral.

shiajun said:
Pretty certain everyone caught the exact coordinates of your thoughts, not just the general direction. ;)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
shiajun said:
Guess I only have one comment for this game.

It doesn't seem all that lousy, although the plot seems paper thin. Has anybody played it?
Man, I loved the aesthetics. It's too bad the dialogue was so...mockable.

Actually, it's not a bad thing, but still.

A shame the game has middling reviews from some of my favourite sites. Not a bad overall (80-ish), but I was hoping it'd review a bit stronger from the sites I tend to trust.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
A game I never really got much into, single player wise. The online on the otherhand....just a stupid amount of fun. Jetpacks, basebuilding and future jets that transform into robots in a third person shooter. Haven't played it in ages though, may give it a go again.

mlsterben

Sep 6, 2010
When every part of you glows light blue, you can no longer do anything privately. Imagine trying to discreetly pee in a dark area: you'll be as inconspicuous as a flare!

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Graham_LRR said:
Starhawk

Space westerns that you might forget occur in space.

Watch Video
When did you have time to do this with all the desert bus? Also this episode was Sooooooo in

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Well that was interesting. Didn't really explain much, though...

Favorite bits: "I know this is a funeral pyre, but do you have marshmallows?" and " He's got glowing ports in his back, I think he might be from the Matrix."

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
Guys, you're doing that "talking way too much over the voices in the cutscene" thing again. I couldn't hear something like 90% of what was said because you two were chattering away. As a consequence, I have no idea what this cutscene and game are about. It's possible I wouldn't know anyway (some cutscenes suck like that), but you guys talked so much over everything that I can't KNOW if I would know.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I guess blue gold is better than black gold, so messy.

also, you would have a hard time finding it in such a high contrast world.

InevitableFate

May 10, 2009
I've spent the past week watching Desert Bus and even the QWOP Line was more coherent than that schizophrenic jumble of images.

Also, that main character has SPECIAL EYES.