Unskippable: Tales of Graces F - Part One

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
RaikuFA said:
This game is actually good. Shame Namco Bandai held Xillia hostage in exchange for sales for this one.
Yeah, I love this game and I actually bought a PS3 just for this game... also Tales of Xillia... Hopefully both 1 and 2 makes it to Europe.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Mydnyght said:
That girl is a flower because her hair color is the flower's color?

That WOULD make sense. Seems to make lots more sense than most stuff in JRPGs. Sure, we'll go with that.
I thought exactly that when she first turned up in the game, they even name her Sophie after one of the flowers. Its so obvious that she is a flower person, I've played enough of these games to know how this shit works.

Then much later in the game, you find out her back story and its...

Slash Joel said:
Nope not flowers, its ALIENS! or cyborg or both.
Yep. I was quite disappointed by that reveal.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
..You guys should a anime month of unskippable. Just find weird animes and go nuts. :3

It'd be like the lets play! Another thing that should be done again.

*Mind blown*

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Wait, he said they were going to Lhant hill, then introduced himself as Asbel Lhant, didn't he? Why are they not allowed to go to a hill named after them? Did their father discover it and found some secrets he didn't want them to find? What is going on!

Arcadian Legend

Blame your fate!
Jan 9, 2012
Lonewolfm16 said:
Wait, he said they were going to Lhant hill, then introduced himself as Asbel Lhant, didn't he? Why are they not allowed to go to a hill named after them? Did their father discover it and found some secrets he didn't want them to find? What is going on!
He didn't want them to go there because he's worried they might be killed or badly injured by the monsters. Or just, you know, maybe trip and end up falling off the cliff. That's pretty much it.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
As soon as I saw the thumbnail and knew it was JRPG/Anime-ish, I knew it was gonna be good! XD

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
FIrst speech bubbles, then anime, then subtitles... dammit game, pick a style and stick with it!

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
...I don't know, the girl actually being a flower seems entirely plausible for a JRPG mysterious waif character. I could totally believe that.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
The story actually gets pretty in depth and political later on. Combat is damn fun too.

From what I've played of it so far and having loved Symphonia previously I'd say that both JRPG lovers and people who aren't massive fans of them (but not JRPG haters) should check out the series.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
JRPGs in Unskippable?
Why thank you sir!

Just love all the nonsense.
Infact I may have to go back and watch that first Let's Play you guys did.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I was expecting the video to go in a date rapey sort of way. I was pleased

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Shinsei-J said:
JRPGs in Unskippable?
Why thank you sir!

Just love all the nonsense.
Yes, you guys got in some great zingers here today. And it's Part 1, so there's more righteous burning to come.

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
I saw the thumbnail, thought "JRPG, this is going to be awesome" and was not disappointed. Why do so many Japanese games (mostly RPGs, but see also Yakuza) start out with these long, drawn-out, inane conversations?