Unskippable: The Darkness 2

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hooray! Jackie Estacado dying again! It's like reliving my Unskippable youth. Next time I'll have to get that crazed nutter to narrate what happened between the two. You're...not really retiring the joke, are you?

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
wackelpudding said:
Oh, no, no, no, no. No retiring "Nth time I died". It'd be like retiring Russell. Unthinkable!
Oh man, I don't think we've heard from Russell in a while. We need more crow-related cutscenes!

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
While I'm sure in the right hands The Darkness is really scary and cool but I just have a hard time being afraid of something that can be punked out by a maglite XD

Dedthom

Dec 9, 2009
For some reason I found the womens sudden and very gory head shot and her friends fake scream to be incredible funny.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Saw the window and I thought "Yeah, somethings gonna come through there all right."

Never finished the first game, accidentally damaged the disc and have been unable to find it again.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Let me join the chorus of people saying that it would be very sad indeed if you were to retire jokes like "Nth time I died" and Russell the Crow.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
LeeshaJoy said:
Unhappy Crow said:
I hope you continue using "#th time I died" line. It still funny to this day.

And when one of his grunts said "look at the girl to your right," shouldn't he have said your left? I wonder if that was there on purpose just to make him look like an idiot.
The other guy says "That's his left, dipshit." It's just hard to hear because Paul and Graham are talking over it.
Ah. You're right. I didn't catch that when I first saw this. Thanks for that.

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
The whole time I was watching this, I was thinking that, no matter how the cutscene actually went, letting it end without a "that was the nth time I died" line would just be wrong. I mean, it's The Darkness. A grand return to where that line began. Even if there wasn't any potential death in the scene at all, you had to say that line.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Do not - DO NOT - retire "nth time I died". It is your best running gag on the show, with the spontaneous "GYUH" in disgust and/or surprise a close second.

Plus, it is EXACTLY what I was thinking as the window exploded and the table flipped Spider-Man II style. If you cut the gag now, it will leave us feeling like it was a missed opportunity.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
OK, so this is probably my favourite in a long time. I don't think I have laughed this much since Eternal Sonata or maybe from the first time they did The Darkness.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Woody Allen on coke narrating would make everything better!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Nicely done, guys! It's hard to pick a favorite moment from this one, so I'm gonna go with all of it. (And yeah, I'd watch anything narrated by the weedy guy from the beginning, it'd sure be entertaining...)