Unskippable: The Darkness 2

Orange Lazarus

Jun 3, 2009
Yeah, top... cow was my favorite joke. And they can't get rid of the 'Nth time I died' joke. It would be tantamount to MST3K retiring 'they tried to kill me with a forklift'.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Unhappy Crow said:
And when one of his grunts said "look at the girl to your right," shouldn't he have said your left? I wonder if that was there on purpose just to make him look like an idiot.
I think he was referring to his right and not your right, kinda happens sometimes, even if you're not a mafia mob.

OT: Keep the "Nth time I died" jokes coming! :D

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
And the "Nth time I died joke" comes full circle :)

Don't stop now. I'll even forgive you for missing some crows earlier in the scene!

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
Hooray for the return of the "and that the nth time I died" joke. it started in The Darkness, and it continues in The Darkness II, please, don't retire it.

that death scene with the twins did caught me off guard when I first saw it, I was like "HOLY SHIT! GAH!!"

Captcha: "That hurts", lol, seems about right. :p

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
I get that you can't always do bad cutscenes, but that one in particular was hella entertaining.

Debatra

Kaedanis Pyran
Sep 6, 2008
Zagzag said:
Are they really only up to 10 on the in joke counter? I thought it was higher.
They haven't kept a genuine count in a long time.

The_Waspman said:
Ugh, not to be the humourless nerd here, but every Darkness fan knows Jackie never knew his father. The previous Darkness bearer dies when his son is conceived.

*shakes head sadly*
Of all the issues between this and the comics, you decide to point this out???

Jackie saw Jenny as a little sister-figure.

Only sunlight affects the Darkness.

The Brotherhood are good guys. (or at least on Jackie's side)

Several of Jackie's allies in-game have betrayed him in the comics.

I think it's safe to say this is a different continuity.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
The_Waspman said:
Ugh, not to be the humourless nerd here, but every Darkness fan knows Jackie never knew his father. The previous Darkness bearer dies when his son is conceived.

*shakes head sadly*
Of all the issues between this and the comics, you decide to point this out???

Jackie saw Jenny as a little sister-figure.

Only sunlight affects the Darkness.

The Brotherhood are good guys. (or at least on Jackie's side)

Several of Jackie's allies in-game have betrayed him in the comics.

I think it's safe to say this is a different continuity.[/quote]

I jumped on that one because it was most prominent in the video. In terms of your other points... Yes, it is, sort of a different continuity. Though as I recall after the first game was released, they did try to crowbar it in there somewhere, didn't they? Mind you, the continuity of the comics is all over the place anyhow.

I wouldn't really say the Brotherhood were on Jackie's side though. Sure, their purpose is to guide the Darkness bearer, but Sonatine is really just interested in the power of the Darkness anyway. In fact
once he realises that he's never going to be able to 'control' Jackie, he makes a deal with the Angelus to kill him.

Then again, I would have much preferred a Darkness game to be in third person anyway. Ah well.