Unskippable: The Last Remnant

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Great from beginning ("Well, this is an encouraging start.") to end("Do I want to know what the white stuff coming out of the end is?"), that one. I'm gonna enjoy the new year.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
Ahahahah what a horrible game.

Your scripting is awesome :D
Best episode ever!

"Gay Blog"

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
"IRINA!"
"...Quake 3: Irina?"

And that was the part I almost spit my salad all over my keyboard. I should KNOW better than to eat while watching Unskippable.

All you old school gamers- remember how you used to play games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms or Ogre Battle and wish you could really see what was going on down on the battlefield? Well, now you know better, don't you?

[small]We should be glad they didn't start us off with an Ambiguously Gae Bolg and keep us wondering for half the game.[/small]

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
I actually play this game LOL.

I'll tell you a little somthing that just bugs the hell outta me about it. When I first started this game and gotten past the part where I play as "Insert Protagonists name here" and save that one "Old chick name insert here" from the giant "insert monster name here". It wasn't like the war cutsense in the video. So here is what I put up with. The Voice acting and how well it was corrordinated. Oh dear god, It was like a 2 second delay after every line was said so it was like so.

I'm bored

Response?

Yeah Thats what I had to put up with and STILL AM.

I enjoy the game though...it does have that, but I still enjoy it.

EDIT: Btw its pronounced Ga-Blong

Reneux

Jul 13, 2009
my favorite bit was the "hide behind the interface and attack with suprise line"
hope you had a lovley holiday guys!

Fondly,

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
Nice vid, man. I remember when this was coming out and I heard it was made using the Unreal engine. I thought, "Finally, an epic JRPG with male characters that look male and a gritty looking environment!"
-What did I get? Shitty frame rate issues, horrible story, crap visuals, and an unimaginative (in regards to originality) world. My hopes were dashed once again, just like in Infinite Undescovery (by the way, thanks for that vid too).

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Psst. Don't let Hideo Kojima hear about your idea of a game in which you just select 'shoot some guys over the next five minutes'. He'll base an entire franchise, spanning five console generations and over fifteen games, over it.

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
Nothing like seeing unskippable tear into a Square Enix game. Maybe its the cultural divide but I have always found their intro's to be a tad strained in the emotional departement. Except in Final Fantasy X, that was awesome!

FFX Intro on Youtube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqJYXoC1OQc]

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Allright, that was a good JRPG mockery.

I do have a suggestion though, You should try to superimpose yourselves on the screen like the guys in Mystery science theatre 3000 did. Like be at the bottom of the screen like you are watching a movie.

nosole

Has no shoes
May 28, 2009
Tdc2182 said:

I do have a suggestion though, You should try to superimpose yourselves on the screen like the guys in (correct me if I'm wrong) Space theatre 3000 did. Like be at the bottom of the screen like you are watching a movie.
Mystery Science Theater 3000, or MST3K for short.

Awesome Anniversary vid guys, way to bring it full circle. I bet you have next years Eternal Sonata figured out too, haha.

neolode

Mar 30, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Square's attempt at starting a new franchise kinda failed, huh?

But the music was FANTASTIC.

AND YOU PLAYED A GAME!

And battles don't usually take so long between orders, its just that you have a lot of units in the intro, iirc.
There is also turbo mode :)

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Ah, the Last Remnant. A game that will make you wonder what the hell is going on several times a minute. Great video, and it pretty well sums up my feelings about JRPG combat.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
"Tony Hawks Pro Rockslider" has "Really gone downhill"

Hahaha, that was great.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
nosole said:
Tdc2182 said:

I do have a suggestion though, You should try to superimpose yourselves on the screen like the guys in (correct me if I'm wrong) Space theatre 3000 did. Like be at the bottom of the screen like you are watching a movie.
Mystery Science Theater 3000, or MST3K for short.

Awesome Anniversary vid guys, way to bring it full circle. I bet you have next years Eternal Sonata figured out too, haha.
Oh right, thanks. I'll change it now

Emperorpeng

Jun 29, 2009
Prepare to be fired upon by the Dong of Destiny! Reminded me of a certain sequence from the Austin Powers movies.