Unskippable: Time & Eternity, Part 1

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
It always amazes me how regular JRPG's have a hard time getting made and/or localized, yet there's apparently a legitimate market for these sorts of games.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Below it says this game is an RPG, but from whats seen here I'm getting much more of a visual novel feel. Maybe when actual game play happens it'll feel different. Though there was apparent game play that was fast forwarded through.

EDIT: upon trying to find gameplay footage I found some "interesting" in game shots

http://nichegamer.net/media/2013/07/Time-and-Eternity-SS-2.jpg

MPZero

Sep 8, 2010
so much win in this...

somehow this intro is probly the funnyest iv seen and with the coments on it makes it epic class... god please tell me part 2 is as pure gold as this..

Keep up the good work btw

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Trisha Lynn said:
In a way, it's totally understandable that the only game to break your "We're skipping all this content in the cut scene" guideline is a Japanese RPG. The way they tell stories is just so un-Western.
I usually like JRPG storytelling, even if many have a problem with it, but Allfather above this was awful. It felt much longer than it actually was, and they skipped 5 minutes of it. I usually like slower pace/characters just goofing around focus, but this was just awful.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
Good lord, I was just sitting there thinking "so they're all going to fuck soon right?" BUT NOTHING HAPPENED, THEY JUST KEPT TALKING. It's some new kind of hell!

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Huh. judging from the comments, I am the only one who watched this and said "I want to play this game, It looks pretty good"
then again, I also liked Altelier and Hyperdimension Neptunia series, so obviously I'm the minority here.

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
No! No part 2! No more inane drivel!

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Oh god, I could tell from the start this was going to be terrible. The ones where the game is terrible are always the best. The voice acting is SOOOOOOOOOOO BADDDDDD. I think the only thing that would make this bareable is a voice track I couldn't understand at all and that would be hard because I assume any alternate track this game might have would be Japanese and I SPEAK JAPANESE.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Somone PLEASE pick this game for one of the LRR Kickstarter Let's Plays. Those guys need to EARN their $186,000.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
You know, I'm usually really tolerant about things like this, but this is just... hilariously bad. At least you could tell that Neptunia was taking the piss. It was self-aware, but with Time and Eternity I can't tell if it's serious or not. I also quite liked the character design in Neptunia, but in this game it doesn't look right. And the animation, man. It's ridiculous. Toki really spazzed out there with her legs...

Also, the voice acting is actually pretty bad. I don't exactly have high standards when it comes to voice acting; it's another thing that I didn't have a problem with in Neptunia (except for pissty Histy's voice), but Time and Eternity seems to just be bad.

Of course, if the game plays well and possibly gets better later on, I could see it being tolerable. Of course, that's not what's going to be shown here, so I'm not gonna pass definitive judgement on this game.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
The dialog was so bad, I was laughing before the commentary.

I was walking with a fairy, laughing just thinking about it.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
bdcjacko said:
Who writes these. (The games, not the unskippables) That was awful.
An entire subculture who don't even have vague guesses about what human interaction entails and a voice director who asks the cast to say every word backwards, and then they put them in the right order in post.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
Why? Why do you do this to yourselves? For that matter, how were you still alive to upload this? You have so much to live for!

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Kakulukia said:
Somone PLEASE pick this game for one of the LRR Kickstarter Let's Plays. Those guys need to EARN their $186,000.
What did those people do to you that you would hurt them so?