Unskippable: Time & Eternity, Part 2

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
GamemasterAnthony said:
ALRIGHT! Who invited the badass live action version of Sailor Moon to this wedding?!? *gets looks* Trust me...you don't wanna know.

So...this game involves time travel, eh? Hopefully, they can get Zack to a...Doctor. *gets even more looks* Look, I'm sorry! But since hearing DVS BSTrD got banned, SOMEONE has to pick up the bad pun slack!
Tel_Windzan said:
Apparently that blue dragon does have a purpose later on in the story as apparently Zack's soul goes into the dragon at one point...Wikipedia sure isn't helping me understand this game any better.
Actually...

the dragon (Drake) is brought up during the scene where they fast forwarded in Unskippable Part 1. There's mention of Toki taking him to the bath. As for time travel, Toki's blood line does it by having their soul go back and take possession of their body at the time they are travelling. Since Zack is not part of their blood line, things get screwy and his soul takes possession of her pet dragon.

Mydnyght said:
So.... what exactly DOES happen if you pick "I don't"? Longer cutscene or nonstandard game over?
He says "I don't", the priest corrects him, and then he says "I do". It's a running gag as they go through the ceremony several times because he's always getting killed, and his alternate responses become more "elaborate". He's like an anime Kenny.

Yeah, I was expecting something more myself.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Here's a wacky idea: how about instead of nobly sacrificing yourself, you draw your sword during the six seconds of ninja run-up to the altar rather than immediately after they stab you?

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
BrownGaijin said:
He says "I don't", the priest corrects him, and then he says "I do". It's a running gag as they go through the ceremony several times because he's always getting killed, and his alternate responses become more "elaborate". He's like an anime Kenny.

......That's it?

Why couldn't it at least be like the Rambo game for the NES and explicitly say, "The game doesn't start until you say YES"?

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Mydnyght said:
BrownGaijin said:

......That's it?

Why couldn't it at least be like the Rambo game for the NES and explicitly say, "The game doesn't start until you say YES"?
Or the Psychonauts way where you get slapped in the face and asked: "How about now?" every time you say no.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Well it might have been dumb but at least it was unexpected.
Kinda interested in this game now, actually.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
When the blue-haired guy said he had no idea what's going on, I had to nod and say "Me too, man." Surprised Graham and Paul didn't catch on to that.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Mydnyght said:
So.... what exactly DOES happen if you pick "I don't"? Longer cutscene or nonstandard game over?
you get a modern gaming equivalent to "but thou must!"

honestly, as bad as the pacing is, it's the dialogue that really hurt me. I bought this game, because the only way good JRPGs have a chance of getting released stateside anymore is if SOMEONE jumps on the grenade and plays the bad ones that sneak over, but I knew it would be unenjoyable from a story perspective. at least the gameplay elements were decent.

Wraithsight

[PREFSTRING:insanity]
Jul 6, 2008
In fairness, still not as long as it took to get to the title card of Kingdom Hearts 2.

But that was a far better game, and was actually mostly game play so I don't know if it counts.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Kakulukia said:
Mydnyght said:
BrownGaijin said:

......That's it?

Or the Psychonauts way where you get slapped in the face and asked: "How about now?" every time you say no.
I finished Psychonauts without seeing that scene. :<

Wraithsight said:
In fairness, still not as long as it took to get to the title card of Kingdom Hearts 2.

But that was a far better game, and was actually mostly game play so I don't know if it counts.
KH2 just had the longest tutorial ever.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Okay, this is an anime nitpick as a whole, but why do they always make blood stains look so fuzzy? When your image is made up of crisp lines, the blotchy, low res blood looks horrific and ruins the picture.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Wait... what? I mean... zuh? So she has Dissociative identity disorder based superpowers... seems legit.

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
I told myself it couldn't be any worse than the first episode. I was...right, as it happened. At least actual plot events occurred in this one. But the voice acting is still beyond terrible. Why do people who dub anime and JRPGs think that squeaky, incredibly American valley girl accents work for every single type of female character in every conceivable setting and genre?

Also, since his wife apparently is two people in one body, is Zack technically a bigamist? And is he going to get doubly lucky if they ever make it to the wedding night?

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
The fact that the game is absolute ass really seals the deal.

I saw a video of a battle and thought I was looking at an early PS2 game.