Unskippable: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Graham and Paul jump on the grenade for you and enter the sandy world that is Splinter Cell.

Watch Video

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
This whole cutscene confuses me. Did the US just blow up it's own Air Force base?
Also gotta love movie hacking where they just push a bunch of random keys on a keyboard and then announce "we're in."

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Having an xterm window with scrolling text is fine - just tail'ing a log, possibly - but why in the world was it scrolling up?

Also, the utility of fading text window contents to black is highly dubious to me.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
This whole cutscene confuses me. Did the US just blow up it's own Air Force base?
Also gotta love movie hacking where they just push a bunch of random keys on a keyboard and then announce "we're in."
i think splinter cell follows the logic by which only rogue us elements can do actual harm to the us.

and splinter cell whitelist sounds scary, if sam fisher wakes me up at night, puts his hand over my face and tells me to keep doing what i'm doing i will never leave that bed

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Can you really call him Sam Fisher if he's not Michael Ironside? I mean, at that point, might you not as well just make a new character entirely?

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
I just googled F-stop, and I'm curious. Someone had to design that layout; did they just look through a camera and draw what they saw? Surely someone who know about cameras would have had the sense to get that even remotely accurate. Hmm...

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I'm supertired and just clicked without reading which game... and then you said Splinter Cell, not Call of Duty.
That was extremely surprising, talk about a bad job setting the mood!

For the "re-mixes on YouTube" joke you could've added: "And then one of them will make fun of our F saying 7.1".
Would've been very meta ;)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
teebeeohh said:
canadamus_prime said:
i think splinter cell follows the logic by which only rogue us elements can do actual harm to the us.

and splinter cell whitelist sounds scary, if sam fisher wakes me up at night, puts his hand over my face and tells me to keep doing what i'm doing i will never leave that bed
The real confusing part was how both perspectives happened in the SAME Air Force Base, followed by whatever not-Sam Fisher was doing there (I refuse to call him Sam Fisher if he doesn't sound like Darkseid from the DCAU).

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
teebeeohh said:
canadamus_prime said:

The real confusing part was how both perspectives happened in the SAME Air Force Base, followed by whatever not-Sam Fisher was doing there (I refuse to call him Sam Fisher if he doesn't sound like Darkseid from the DCAU).
To be fair, the new guy does a pretty good job but It's just not the same. What bugs me a lot more is coop mission, Sam fisher doesn't work with people, unless they provide mission support from far away.

Luther Strode

Oct 14, 2013
Pretty good video thou beginning was quite weak. I find hilarious part with "applause for Bravo Team" :D

Also whole game were very good for me.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
You'd think someone would notice the large amount of explosive being planted at the armory, magazine, hanger, and what appears to be half the base.

ThatDarnCoyote

Dec 3, 2011
teebeeohh said:
canadamus_prime said:

No, they're just in fake/stolen uniforms. The bad guy in Blacklist isn't a rogue US element, he's a former British intelligence agent who was put undercover in a terrorist group and changed sides. The various terrorists you stab in the game have an ecumenical mix of vague ethnicities and accents, presumably to avoid charges of racism.

And yes, Sam Fisher is never more terrifying than when he is trying to be comforting. If anyone doubts, just watch the Unskippable episode for Splinter Cell: Conviction. "I'm scared because my dad's Michael Ironside" :(

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
At least they didn't employ two hackers hacking on the same keyboard.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
At least they didn't employ two hackers hacking on the same keyboard.
Nah that only happens when someone tries to counter being hacked. Then you get 2 people pounding away at the same keyboard as if that's supposed to do something.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Nah that only happens when someone tries to counter being hacked. Then you get 2 people pounding away at the same keyboard as if that's supposed to do something.
Ah. My bad. I guess I don't understanf Hollywood hacking rules as well as I thought. ;)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
Ah. My bad. I guess I don't understanf Hollywood hacking rules as well as I thought. ;)
Don't forget the rule where Hackers can dominate pretty much all technology from their computers just by playing around with their keyboards for a few minutes. (see the movie Hackers)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Don't forget the rule where Hackers can dominate pretty much all technology from their computers just by playing around with their keyboards for a few minutes. (see the movie Hackers)
Even if it's not plugged in. Or computerised.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
canadamus_prime said:
Even if it's not plugged in. Or computerised.
Yep. "OMG someone's hacking my fridge!"