Unskippable: Trapt

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Trapt

A game where you run away and set off traps. So ? really gripping stuff.

Watch Video

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
This isn't Trapt. This isn't Trapt at all! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapt

...Okay, so they're both shit. :D

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait, the queen told the guards to stop them but the two ran pass them and the Queen move out of their way as they escape. Yeah that make alot of sense...

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Draconalis said:
"The princess and I" is grammatically correct...
Not when used in a prepositional phrase. You don't say "right in front of I," do you?
Also, the Queen made a similar error... but I guess Graham and Paul were too busy at the time.

Anyway, that bit about voice-acting the king....
"Your line is, 'hurrgh, uurrgh, arrrgh....'" "That's it?" Nice one. ^_^

ars731

Nov 10, 2006
its weird,I was thinking the other day about Deception and how underrated that series was, then Unskippable does this, I wonder how Trapt ranks with the PSone games.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Is it something japanese games do right, It's that you always can guess who's evil just from how they look or which voice actor they have.

Though I agree that the queen didn't look that evil, She wasn't far from looking completly evil.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
It's a flawless plan! They'll never expect that their princess is in another castle!
Well that's only because they don't have a little mushroom guy to tell them that their Princess is in another castle.

EDIT:
Evilsanta said:
Is it something japanese games do right, It's that you always can guess who's evil just from how they look or which voice actor they have.
I wouldn't consider that a point in their favor. I think it'd be better if you couldn't tell who's evil just by looking at 'em. It esp. doesn't look good for the other characters when they start blindly trusting the "secretly" evil characters who couldn't be any more obviously evil if they had "I am evil" tattooed on their foreheads.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Mydnyght said:
Not when used in a prepositional phrase. You don't say "right in front of I," do you?
Granted that English is my weakest subject... and American education system to be rather sub-par... but I was always taught that "*name* and me" is just incorrect.

And frankly speaking, "Right in front of the Princess and me" just sounds wrong to my ears. And who are you going to believe? Whoever taught you English; or my ears?

Think about that one for a moment...

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
"Okay, but what about lunch? 'Cause we're just about to go on lunch and that would hinder us ... We don't have to arrest lunch, do we?" Love it!

Draconalis said:
Mydnyght said:
Granted that English is my weakest subject... and American education system to be rather sub-par... but I was always taught that "*name* and me" is just incorrect.

And frankly speaking, "Right in front of the Princess and me" just sounds wrong to my ears. And who are you going to believe? Whoever taught you English; or my ears?

I'm throwing in "the Princess and myself" for the hilarity as well!

Captcha: om nom nom
... really now?

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Draconalis said:
Mydnyght said:

It's because it's much more rare to use it like in the second. The basic grammar point(I think) is actually, that the 'and' doesn't change whatever grammar rules you'd use normally if the words were by themselves.

So 'Graham and me had a party' doesn't work because 'me had a party' is nonsense. Equally if you say. 'There was a party right in front of Graham and I', it doesn't work because 'there was a party right in front of I' is nonsense.

If it's sounding bad to your ears, try ' right in front of me and the princess' rather than 'princes and me', that might sound a bit better.

Tbh, there's not many situations where this stuff actually brings any more clarity to the conversation, but if we're talking about actual rules, it's not just someone being taught wrong, this is how it works

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
Sometimes you get a feeling that some Japanese storywriters simply don't care about narrative surprises and make the characters look good or evil from the offset out of thematic concern.

"Look we're establishing that the queen falsely accuses the girl of murder in the opening scene, so why hide the fact that she's evil?"

Also: I do want to connect the dots on that king.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
That king looked like he jumped off of a chess board. And about good/evil fashion: don't good guys wear hoods too? I think the backless dress screams "I might take this whole thing off if you play your cards right."

And what is it with repeating stuff a second after its said the 1st time around in Japanese games?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
If we're going to talk about grammar, everyone refers to the king as Your/His Highness. Highness is for princes. Kings are queens are Majesty.

Does anyone find strange that the princess' Japanese name is the American-sounding Alicia and her American name is the nothing-at-all-sounding Allura?

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Love this game- Kinda have to make your own fun, though, because nothing really stops you from just spamming arrows, bear traps and pendulums.

Awful, awful story.