Unskippable: Vanquish: Part 2

Smasngrab

Apr 23, 2009
Space vikings, they would most likely just hit and run, grabing all the loot and good looking chicks. Well at least for starters, i think Paris was plundered a silly amount of times by vikings, and one time they tried to bribe the vikings. It dident work tho, the vikings grabed the bribe, and looted the city anyway.

Jhales

Jul 29, 2009
So when the game was in production, the bad guys were Chinese, but apparently it was hard for a western audience to grasp the concept of evil, invading space Chinese. I have to wonder if it really matters anyway since the entire game seems to be focused on fighting robots. Also, who were the testers that couldn't comprehend Chinese villains? Honestly, it makes more sense that it is evil aliens or evil cyborgs/robots. I mean, the evil dude in the first part looked way more cybernetic than Russian or Chinese.

Also, why are all the American ships blue? And not even Navy blue, but sky blue. They should all be camouflage colored, sure it doesn't make sense for space, but it's better than sky blue.

Friis

Feb 6, 2009
You know I can't help but remember hearing about a role-playing game with Space Finland in it.

KarlixLV

Apr 29, 2010
laststandman said:
Anyone else notice the brief bit of plagiarism this game pulled from Starship Troopers ?
Well that movie took it from Heinlein's book, with which it has little in common, and afaik Heinlein quoted an infantry officer from the WWI with those words, so it is fitting in a way.

O.T.: imho one of the best Unskippable episodes, on par with the initial awesome episodes.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha, man I just watched the "Boosh" video the other day. I was wondering if you still kept saying that to each other.

Also, whenever I see Gruff Robot Guy with his robot arm, I see Captain Drachma from Skies of Arcadia.

laststandman

Jun 27, 2009
KarlixLV said:
Well that movie took it from Heinlein's book, with which it has little in common, and afaik Heinlein quoted an infantry officer from the WWI with those words, so it is fitting in a way.
Whatever WWI officer said it, he took it from Frederick the Great. I guess you're right though, it is somewhat fitting.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Y'know, the guys on the Red team (I presume they were the Russians) didn't even look human... They looked more like geth from Mass Effect.

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
Do any of you know if unskippable has already done an episode of the opening cutscene in Halo; combat evolved? If yes, please direct me to it. If no, should they do one?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Damn right we're gonna come fuck you up in the future. When we run out of oil we'll have to return to a pillage-based economy.

http://www.theonion.com/audio/norway-returns-to-pillagebased-economy,13736/

Man, space vikings would be so awesome...
Wait a second... Why does that sound familiar?
*rustling noises*
*breaking glass*
*cat scream*

Oh god... Too human.

It is also now confirmed that if you merely mention Norway in your video, every Norwegian on the site will rush to comment on it.
[sub]We just want someone, anyone, to notice us...[/sub]

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
I'm so confused!!!
Shouldn't they have prepped the assault boats before they entered the giants space ship in a space ship...
They aren't space russians they are Cosmonauts.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Wait, I just realized something... That protagonist looks AND sounds like Solid Snake! He even smokes!

Also, There are so many things happening, and so many questions as to why certain things happen that it's like, why am I even watching this? It makes no sense! How made this, and what were they thinking while making it! Not really mad, just confused and annoyed by it all.

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
So, who's the voice actor playing the old guy who cut the younger guy's cigarette? He sounds very familiar...

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
A Japanese TPS as written by John Milius.

Bad guy looks like a transvestite clown (also known as Kefka's Syndrome). Take a shot.
Someone invents a "beneficial" science that can be casually used as a superweapon. Take a shot.
The main gameplay aspect is a single vestigial trait (in this case power sliding) that really isn't that impressive (like Mind Jack, only less philosophical). Take a shot.
Tiny sleek-power armored too-cool-for-this-war Dante-esque smug jerk as the protagonist. Take a shot.
Said protagonist having a wang-waving contest with prototypical brick-shithouse American Space Marine stereotype. Take a shot.

Can I stop yet? My liver is shutting down...