Unskippable: Viking

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
BBQ Platypus said:
There is no text LARGE ENOUGH or BOLD ENOUGH to properly convey the LOUDNESS with which BRIAN BLESSED'S NAME MUST BE SPOKEN!!!
For all your Brian Blessed needs. Use with caution.

Patroclus

Sep 28, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Patroclus said:
then I realized the game was intended to be that way, and, well, it's just hard to take a game seriously when the narrator is trying to sound all "epic"
No no, that's just how BRIAN BLESSED talks.
And it is awesome.
?__?
I'm probably going to regret saying this, but I'm gonna have to wiki brian blessed. I honestly don't know who he is.

Reneux

Jul 13, 2009
lovely stuff, have you guys cloned yourselves? cause your putting out quite a bite of product, all of very high qualities!

Fondly,
( user somewhat miffed that he has yet to be on probation, and wonders if his self belief in personal bad assed ness is somewhat off the mark )

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
"Step One: Take off your pants.
Why is that always step one?"

Haha. And of course "Hadouken!" That made me giggle. Good job guys. :D

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Apone said:
The Infamous Scamola said:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

I bite mine thumb at ye, sirs.
Indeed! How can they not recognise the awesome voice of Brian Blessed!

"Hawkmen Dive!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTHypbLlkE
I was wondering what that FamilyGuy joke with the Hawkmen was from.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Didn't you know? Taking off your pants is always step one!

Good job guys, but you've made better. Looking forward to the next installment though.

BBQ Platypus

Sep 23, 2008
paulgruberman said:
BBQ Platypus said:
There is no text LARGE ENOUGH or BOLD ENOUGH to properly convey the LOUDNESS with which BRIAN BLESSED'S NAME MUST BE SPOKEN!!!
For all your Brian Blessed needs. Use with caution.
That's better, but STILL NOT LOUD ENOUGH!!! Only BRIAN BLESSED can properly convey the essence of BRIAN BLESSED!!!

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
whaleswiththumbs said:
The Rare Norwegian Elephant, never heard of it. TO GOOGLE!
Hunted to extinction for their prized decorative tusks no doubt :(

"This event fills me with a profound indifference."

Hahahaha, that one's going down in the books.

Probably should have invested in facial animations...

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Trust me, I won't ever forget that I'm on a boat. With my nautical-themed Bermuda Afghan. And T-Pain.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
You know what? If I ever meet Brian Blessed, I'll apologize to him, all right?

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
With all the "darkness" references in the cinematic, I wondered if there would be a "and this was the xth time I died" reference, but it never came.

Good episode though :)

snugglesgold

Apr 22, 2009
Big mistake guys..here off the coast of Europe we take our national treasures seriously and no matter what creed, colour or donomination at least one thing unites us all....
We love Brian Blessed!!! (though in a platonic, have a pint down the pub way for the most part), i wonder what Yahtzee thinks of this outrage???

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Stabby Joe said:
Waffledragon33 said:
great job guys
Can I assume you have a stop watch that can stop time?

Anyway I really enjoyed this game, one of the few that had decent large scale battles. Think Dynasty Warriors but better, for one up to four enemies alone could kill you so it was more realistic! These graphic novel cut scenes are good enough but giving the subject matter (large scale Norse mythology battles) there could have been some truly epic cinematics on display!

"So what your saying is before this, all vikings were peaceful and not remotely war like?" Good point haha!
I might have to check it out then, since I am a fan of Koei's overly repetitive flogging of the franchise.

And this was funny, not hilarious but I'm tired so perhaps the flaw is myself rather than the video.
That's the thing though, most of the time you're actually doing missions around islands, infiltrating fortresses and slowly regaining control of each island. Each island has a couple of giant fortresses that when besieged make up the VERY large scale battles, being the obvious highlight.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Stabby Joe said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Stabby Joe said:
Waffledragon33 said:
great job guys
Can I assume you have a stop watch that can stop time?

Anyway I really enjoyed this game, one of the few that had decent large scale battles. Think Dynasty Warriors but better, for one up to four enemies alone could kill you so it was more realistic! These graphic novel cut scenes are good enough but giving the subject matter (large scale Norse mythology battles) there could have been some truly epic cinematics on display!

"So what your saying is before this, all vikings were peaceful and not remotely war like?" Good point haha!
I might have to check it out then, since I am a fan of Koei's overly repetitive flogging of the franchise.

And this was funny, not hilarious but I'm tired so perhaps the flaw is myself rather than the video.
That's the thing though, most of the time you're actually doing missions around islands, infiltrating fortresses and slowly regaining control of each island. Each island has a couple of giant fortresses that when besieged make up the VERY large scale battles, being the obvious highlight.
Hmmm, I was rather fond of the DW games that had the fortress aspect that you had to overcome so this just intrigues me more. However, I might be posting a thread about fixing game series.

WarpGhost

Jan 5, 2009
"I once tried to embrace hope, but now its put a restraining order on me."

Definitely a line I'm going to throw back at all those optimistic people infesting the world.

Great episode!