Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Wolfenstein: The New Order - War is Hell

Why is everything on fire in this game?

Watch Video

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
That almost looked like it would've been the 11th time you died, except your character seemed to be extremely resistant to getting hit in the face with a fighter plane.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Wow that was some juxtaposing going on coming from the theater where they played the promotion for this game. They are showing off all the mecha and insane technology in the theater promotional video for Wolfenstein, and then we have this intro where we are basically doing the same thing we've done in just about every Modern Military Shooter since Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Well, except that wasn't modern warfare it was alternate history WWII.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
That almost looked like it would've been the 11th time you died, except your character seemed to be extremely resistant to getting hit in the face with a fighter plane.
Hey, getting down to 12 HP is pretty darn close! What it doesn't explain is how he started healing as he jumped to the other plane..

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
"I don't want to go?" Paul is a Time Lord!

canadamus_prime said:
Fortunately, he was using plane-resistant armour.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Makabriel said:
canadamus_prime said:
Hey, getting down to 1 HP is pretty darn close! What it doesn't explain is how he started healing as he jumped to the other plane..
Maybe they're playing as alternate universe Wolverine.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Colt47 said:
Wow that was some juxtaposing going on coming from the theater where they played the promotion for this game. They are showing off all the mecha and insane technology in the theater promotional video for Wolfenstein, and then we have this intro where we are basically doing the same thing we've done in just about every Modern Military Shooter since Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Well, except that wasn't modern warfare it was alternate history WWII.
you would think they would put the cod-like elements in the trailer to grab that crowd while hoping that it spreads to people looking for a different kind of shooter by word of mouth.

to be fair there is very little of the super scripted stuff in this and most of it is in the first mission. and the stuff that is linear later on is mostly there to build atmosphere and doesn't even give you a gun.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
"I don't want to go?" Paul is a Time Lord!

canadamus_prime said:
Fortunately, he was using plane-resistant armour.
He must've borrowed Batman's (Adam West) Bat Anti-Plane Spray.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Wait, i'm confused about what they did on MythBusters.

Did they find that you can't get shot while underwater, or did they find that you totally can get shot underwater?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Aww... was hoping we would get to hear that woman from the trailer with either the world's worst German accent, or the world's semi-worst Russian accent.

"Dhe Nachys rool da vwerld"

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
Ulquiorra4sama said:

Did they find that you can't get shot while underwater, or did they find that you totally can get shot underwater?
They found on that episode that even the highest caliber rounds get stopped pretty quickly in water. So a foot or two below surface and the bullets won't do much.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
huh?I went and checked that Mythbusters episode loll
yeah so bullets going straight down into water are still effective up to 8 feet I guess
so the Dwayne the Rock Johnson in GI Joe Retaliation hiding in the well was still lucky not to get hit by bullets xD

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Arslan Aladeen said:
Ulquiorra4sama said:

They found on that episode that even the highest caliber rounds get stopped pretty quickly in water. So a foot or two below surface and the bullets won't do much.
Wasn't it highly dependent on the angle, where bullets going relatively straight down would pierce the water quite far but a shallow angle would disintegrate the bullet?

Been a long time since I've seen that episode so I'm not sure.

EDIT:

I guess I remembered correctly, based on the post above mine anyway.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Colt47 said:
What's amusing is that in the very first Call of Duty game(or the add-on, I should say) United Offensive, the British Campaign starts with you in a B-17 and your time in spent running between gun turrets, shooting down German fighters and occasionally turning valves and such.

So it seemed very Nostalgic for me.

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
I'm pretty certain the flash backs and cut-scenes were actually showing the player character but I'm going to choose to believe the PC is Clamps from futurama. Based solely on the first objective and the fact he survived getting hit in the face by an air-plane which was also on fire.

I agree with Graham about the robot dogs and bullets in water. The dogs I can accept, dude getting shot under 5 feet of water...Nope.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
A 9mm subsonic round can actually propel around 8 to 10 feet into the water without stopping.

As for the whole sleeping in route to combat, that's actually pretty close to SOP. Sleep when you can.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Makabriel said:
canadamus_prime said:
Hey, getting down to 1 HP is pretty darn close! What it doesn't explain is how he started healing as he jumped to the other plane..
Maybe they're playing as alternate universe Wolverine.
I'm pretty sure there's at least one world in Marvel's multiverse where the Nazis won WWII, so you wouldn't be too far off.
StraightToHeck said:
SPOILERS: no Mecha-Hitler in this game -- sorry, Graham/Paul
It's that ersatz Red Skull, isn't it?