Unskippable: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Paul and Graham give you a great view of the alien invasion.

Watch Video

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
First and last line means there is only one line?
I previously assumed that X-Com are the first in and last one who will be annihilated
Man, that explains so much now
For example- why no army is providing drone strikes or maybe sending tanks to do some heavy shelling on the area
Now we know that anyone else just gave up and prepared supply of lube for all that inevitable anal probing :/

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
I noticed that the for the last two episodes(this and Far Cry 3, mainly Far Cry 3 where the whole episode seemed forced) you have been riffing to actually good cutsenes with one or two inconsistencies in them.
Thankfully Aliens Colonial Marines is out and its intro is funny even without riffing so it will give a lot of good material for the eventual Unskipable.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Is anyone else wondering why the deployment craft stays on the ground while the soldiers are clearing the area? It strikes me as a tactical flaw...

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
I like riffing a good cut-scene as much as a poor one really. I mean, pointing out why something is bad must get a little stale for them and a change up is a good freshener so when you go back to the bad stuff then suddenly it's much more noticeable and funnier again. Just a theory. That and... well there's no sacred cut-scene that doesn't get commentary in my house - maybe the best of the best have to wait until a second or third viewing to be teased by one liners and light mockery but eventually everything gets the treatment over here.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Awh you didn't show the rest of it well the ingame scene-
I easily anticipated you making "we're screws" or "The end" sort of joke when all but one teammates were all killed off.

Jan 12, 2012
I don't know what it is, but all 'futuristic' guns seem to look like toys. When the plane crapped out the action squad, I was expecting them to hose down the area with Nerf darts.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
The Council spent all of their budget on getting a Peter Cullen-sound alike, you can't expect them to be able to afford multiple lines of defense.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
I felt like I should have been taking a shot for every military and/or alien and/or film cliche that was in that clip. However...I need to get to work soon, and being completely smashed while driving a sideways moving forklift like device would probably NOT be a good thing.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
blackrave said:
First and last line means there is only one line?
I previously assumed that X-Com are the first in and last one who will be annihilated
Man, that explains so much now
For example- why no army is providing drone strikes or maybe sending tanks to do some heavy shelling on the area
Now we know that anyone else just gave up and prepared supply of lube for all that inevitable anal probing :/
First line: Interceptors.
Last line: Response team.

That's why XCOM is both the first and last line of defense.

As for the other things you said, there are still the countries' military forces who are capable of doing that, so there's no need for XCOM to do that as well.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I knew you guys just had to make a Men In Black joke or two in this video, and I applaud you for it. And Optimus Prime? Bonus!

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Oh come on, guys. The deployment is not only to Germany, but to friggin Munich. Not Schnitzel: Oktoberfest, Beer, ANYTHING! (In fact, Schnitzel are far less popular in Bavaria.)

The Random One

May 29, 2008
You really should do the rest of the tutorial mission/demo. It's so linear it might as well be a cutscene. And it's a hilarious one.

SPOILERS EVERYONE DIES

HILARIOUSLY

Ragnarok2kx

Nov 18, 2009
The Random One said:
You really should do the rest of the tutorial mission/demo. It's so linear it might as well be a cutscene. And it's a hilarious one.

SPOILERS EVERYONE DIES

HILARIOUSLY
Say what you will about the new X-COM, but you just have to respect a game that has the balls to kill (permanently, I might add) all but one member of your squad, as part of the TUTORIAL.