Unusual and very frustrating problem with my Xbox Live Gamertag

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
Right I've been trying to work out what the hell is going on with my Gamertag for a while now and I really need some advice. Basically on my dashboard it says it's connected to a particular e-mail address, however that e-mail is actually linked to a different tag, and additionally all the e-mails for the gamertag go to a different e-mail address. So my dashboard is essentially straight up lying to me.

Now I assumed this was just a weird issue with it not updating properly, however neither the password for the address it claims to be linked with, nor the password for the address it's actually linked with will be accepted for any function on the dashboard or xbox website. So essentially I can't change it, nor can I sign in on the Xbox Live website, or just generally do a lot of shit that's useful.

Now What I really need here is to understand this issue. I created the tag a long time ago (like 6yrs) and I imagine that's part of the issue. I have spoken to Microsoft representatives and have been unable to solve the issue due to not being able to articulate it clearly enough (very hard over the phone/ instant messenger) and was really hoping someone on here has had a similar issue and solved it or perhaps could identify for me exactly what's happened, if I can understand the issue I can get it sorted, well as right now I'm completely baffed.

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
That's very helpful, thank you. They are VERY cagey about anything regarding changing the e-mail address etc. The last time I asked about that the guy just kept telling me to change it through the feature on the dashboard- pretty frustrating considering that that was my whole issue. However that was over the instant messenger support service they have, sigh, maybe it's time to call xbox live support again...

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Mandal0re said:
That's very helpful, thank you. They are VERY cagey about anything regarding changing the e-mail address etc. The last time I asked about that the guy just kept telling me to change it through the feature on the dashboard- pretty frustrating considering that that was my whole issue. However that was over the instant messenger support service they have, sigh, maybe it's time to call xbox live support again...
Yeah, calling support is usually the only real solution when dealing with microsoft.