Upcoming Gears Of War 3 DLC Puts You In RAAM's Boots

Mar 26, 2008
I was on the fence about the online pass, but this has pushed me violently off. Stomping around as RAAM sounds like all kinds of awesome. I'm down with this!

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Depends. Do I get that blasted Kryll shield? The one that somehow magically deflected bullets without impeding his line of sight?

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I wonder if RAAM will be as unstoppable as he was in Gears of War one. I bought the season pass already and I'm personally so excited for this. Great job EPIC! Keep up the good work!

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
OH SWEET FUCKING JESUS CHRIST. GODDAMN IT EPIC I DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY YOUR SEASON PASS GAME BUT I CAN'T RESIST.

Also
Earnest Cavalli said:
and for the first time storm the human stronghold from the perspective of one of the series' most legendary bosses.
Because he was the series' only bad one.

And can someone explain the season pass to me? First I hear that it gives 33% off on all Gears 3 DLC, then I hear that it gives the first 4 DLC packs free, then I hear that it does both, and I just don't know what to believe.

andrew_bhafc

Dec 18, 2010
thank fuck for this! my wingman will give a damn about gears 3 coz of having his star player back that being tai :p and "internetzealot1" you get the first 4 gears of war 3 DLCs for free with the season pass which equals off to around 33% off buying them seperatly

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
A Curious Fellow said:
Are we expecting this to have the effect of playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2, or the effect of playing as a Hurlock in Dragon Age: Darkspawn Chronicles?

Which is to say, are the Locust finally going to be portrayed as the poor desperate victimized creatures they are? Or is this just an excuse to be "hardcore" and gut some humans and be a "bad guy"?
Poor, desperate, victimized...you know they per-emptively tried to genocide the human race without making contact with any besides Adam Fenix, right? That doesn't strike me as "victimized".
They were just trying to live. Besides the humans are the alien invaders. Sera was always the Locust' homeworld.

Jul 9, 2008
A Curious Fellow said:
A Curious Fellow said:
Are we expecting this to have the effect of playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2, or the effect of playing as a Hurlock in Dragon Age: Darkspawn Chronicles?

Which is to say, are the Locust finally going to be portrayed as the poor desperate victimized creatures they are? Or is this just an excuse to be "hardcore" and gut some humans and be a "bad guy"?
Poor, desperate, victimized...you know they per-emptively tried to genocide the human race without making contact with any besides Adam Fenix, right? That doesn't strike me as "victimized".
They were just trying to live. Besides the humans are the alien invaders. Sera was always the Locust' homeworld.
I wan under the impression that Gears was set in an alternate universe in which Sera was also the humans' homeworld. Granted, I've yet to play Gears 3, but just that's my impression from the first 2 games. After all, if the humans could leave Sera...why wouldn't they?

Besides, they may have been "just trying to live", but their opening move was still attempted genocide with no earlier attempted contact. That is unjustifiable.

Jul 9, 2008
internetzealot1 said:
And can someone explain the season pass to me? First I hear that it gives 33% off on all Gears 3 DLC, then I hear that it gives the first 4 DLC packs free, then I hear that it does both, and I just don't know what to believe.
The season pass is basically paying for the DLC ahead of time, at a price equivalent to 33% (I think) off the 4 DLCs individually.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
Sounds good to me. Don't care much for RAAM, but maybe more characters will stop all the damn Carmines running around.

rohansoldier

Sep 5, 2011
Well, colour me interested. I was also on the fence about buying the season pass, but I think this news has just made up my mind.

Now I just have to wait a few days until payday!

Good job Epic.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
am i the only one who kind-of hopes i get the chocolate skins when this DLC comes out?
not that playing as RAAM isn't badass enough

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
The Pinray said:
Sounds good to me. Don't care much for RAAM, but maybe more characters will stop all the damn Carmines running around.
are you sure it's carmine and not the COG gear?

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
RAAM himself isn't that unique, apart from being an absolute ***** to kill.
Sniper rifle, a few headshots. DONE.

OT: Yeah... I think I'll be getting this. Sounds pretty awesome.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
cyrogeist said:
The Pinray said:
Quite a few of him, too. But many people below level 34: Clay. Above: Ben. Above 75: Anthony. It's not a huge gripe, just bugs me a bit. Seeing two Clays running around always throws me off. Near every single match I enter has a Carmine or two. I think I have all of their one-liners memorized I hear them so much. Quite a few Sams, too. But the reason I hear many choose her or Anya is for the smaller hit boxes. Meh. I'll stick with Classic Baird. :)

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
The Pinray said:
cyrogeist said:
The Pinray said:
Quite a few of him, too. But many people below level 34: Clay. Above: Ben. Above 75: Anthony. It's not a huge gripe, just bugs me a bit. Seeing two Clays running around always throws me off. Near every single match I enter has a Carmine or two. I think I have all of their one-liners memorized I hear them so much. Quite a few Sams, too. But the reason I hear many choose her or Anya is for the smaller hit boxes. Meh. I'll stick with Classic Baird. :)
well the Carmines (with the exception of clay) and the COG gear are the only guys that look like a normal soldier so i would imagine people would play as them...also the reason for so many Sams...well..you actually get a challenge for playing as a female character

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
cyrogeist said:
well the Carmines (with the exception of clay) and the COG gear are the only guys that look like a normal soldier so i would imagine people would play as them...also the reason for so many Sams...well..you actually get a challenge for playing as a female character
I definitely see your point. Very good one.

Regarding the female characters: I haven't heard about that. I'll have to check that out. I was mainly talking about my friends that play as them and the few randoms I've played with that weren't either complete garbage at the game or elitist scumbags (very few).

On that note, I have a feeling that the "vets" are going to ruin this game some time in the maybe near future. I can already see it. But these DLC packs may add some new life into it. Especially for Horde, which is where I spend the majority of my time.

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
I did not even realise I wanted this till I read it, but it sounds pretty awesome.

I was thinking it would have been good to play from the locust side for a couple of missions in the story, but didn't think it would happen. Also this looks promising though - with this DLC I can play as Minh once more! :D

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
internetzealot1 said:
The Season Pass costs 2400MSP (which is two-thirds of the price of the first four DLCs) and basically gives you automatic access to the first four DLCs. Essentially, you buy the Season Pass and get the first four DLCs at a 33% discount.

A Curious Fellow said:
As far as I understood it, the Locust lived underground as the humans thrived on the surface. The Locust were forced out when the Lambent started attacking the them. So they were both there first.

OP: Cannot wait. Already got my Season Pass cocked, locked and ready to rock.

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
Playing as RAAM? Check.

More exposure to Tai? Check.

More exposure to Michael Barrick? Check.

Pre-Gears 1 storyline gameplay? Check.

I cannot WAIT for this! So glad I own a Season Pass. :p