UPDATE: 250GB Xbox 360 Spotted on (And Pulled From) Amazon

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
If this is true, then Microsoft's dropping of the Pro model is really just marketing.

Before/After
Arcade/Arcade
Pro/Elite
Elite/Super-Elite

So the Pro gets a 60GB upgrade, and the Elite gets a 130GB upgrade. The "Elite" price drop is an illusion.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
£245 for the 250gb console? I think that's not far off how much I paid for my 120GB Elite months and months ago. Not a bad deal by any stretch of the imagination.

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
Zerbye said:
If this is true, then Microsoft's dropping of the Pro model is really just marketing.

Before/After
Arcade/Arcade
Pro/Elite
Elite/Super-Elite

So the Pro gets a 60GB upgrade, and the Elite gets a 130GB upgrade. The "Elite" price drop is an illusion.
Same as the PS3 a while back when they phased out the lowest size hard drive model, dropped the price of the higher size to the lower, and then introduced an even higher size at the old high price. (I can't remember the numbers now -- 40, 60, 80?)

The difference being, Sony doesn't have "clever" names for their SKUs; since the only difference is hard drive size, they just call them by that. Much less confusing if you ask me.

If Microsoft did that, you'd have:
Xbox 360 - 512MB
Xbox 360 - 60GB (while supplies last!)
Xbox 360 - 120GB
Xbox 360 - 250GB

That's a whole lotta numbers. :?

Symp4thy

Jan 7, 2009
That seems unnecessary. I've had a 20GB HD for almost two years and it's only a little over half full. I realize I don't have near as much stuff as some people, but still...250 is a bit much. Oh well, I suppose there are some people out there who would want it.

NuclearJonJon

May 24, 2009
PizzaDentist said:
plastic_window said:
That said, some people use the hard drive space to install their games to so they don't need to swap disks to play games. I can see how this might be of use to them, but like you say, 250GB is a ton of space, and it's probably more than anyone would need.
I could swear that you still need to have the disc in... you just don't get the whirring of the drive once it's been verified... saves power, as well.
It's been known to speed up loading times/saving times (although not as much as using a flash drive) and can also help lag/texture popping, although it's rare - only made a noticeable difference in Fallout 3 for me. In fact, there are even negatives with installing to the HDD, like with Halo 3. But yes, less noise is the main benefit, and no movement = less heat - Every degree makes a difference with the 360 :p

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Someone at Amazon is going to lose their job.

Anything about a bigger Ipod Touch on their yet?

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
even if i installed all 50+ of my 360 games id still have enough room for about 100 gigs why so much space?

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Amazon is really leaky lately with company secrets. Anybody else notice that?

Of course, it could be intentional.... <_<

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I was coming close to using up my space on the Pro when it died, but I don't think I'll need THAT much space. I'll stick with getting myself an Elite now that the price has dropped.

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
Man this is going to drive used pro prices down soo fucking much! Yay another xbox to screw around on for christmas!!!

hebdomad

May 21, 2008
It's all part of the hype machine. Yes, It maybe informative at times, but these day's these corporations create a "leak" create hype.

And people wonder why all these leaks come out before e3 and the rush before Christmas... and not in the middle of the year when nothing is happening. Yes kids, Christmas is not that far away, give it a month and the Christmas sales will be on.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Smack-Ferret said:
Really? $400? This really seems to be over doing it.
European pricing. The games for the system are 70&#8364; yet you don't pay 100$ for them in the states.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
doesn't 250GB seem a bit over-kill?
I may often run out of space on the 20GB, but it's hard to imagine filling a hard drive of that size.
they'd have to download A LOT of stuff to fill that. most of it they probably wouldn't use.
Not with Games on Demand, people installing games on their hard drives, and enough Rock Band songs to fill an Ipod.
Seriously it's easily done.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Maybe this one will come with HDMI cables.
What? My elite came with HDMI cables why wouldn't a new one? More importantly I wonder "Will the new hard drive be available separately and will it still be obscenely overpriced?"

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Pretty good deal.

I guess the two fifty is for developers to be able to make bigger games