Update: Anonymous Hacks Everything For Guy Fawkes Day

DTH1337

Feb 27, 2012
Well, that's it, they have clearly lost it and they have no idea what they're doing (although personally, I think they already had no idea what they were doing long before this).

They would probably claim their operation a success, but it's not, I'm afraid. Why? Because you took down these websites, rather than do what you said you were actually going to do this 5th of November by going after Zynga. So, another fail to Anonymous.

Still, I'm not surprised since I'm sure we all knew they would never be able to do what they said they were going to do.

People need to stop supporting this group because all they're doing now is just attacking random websites and stealing information and just making up any kind of excuse to justify their actions(attacking Lady Gaga's website? Really guys? Also you talk about protecting people's privacy and information when you constantly steal it and expose it to the world. So they are now officially hypocrites!).

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Judging by how much they suck at activism, "Hacktivist" is easily the most appropriate term to describe anon.

Guy Fawkes masks are the Che Guevara t-shirts of our generation.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
mad825 said:
So they took a British holiday and took targets that are American...Yeah. If you're going to do anything on this day, at least try and keep the tradition and attack political targets.

we all live in America

Don't forget that Australian government disability help-site. FUCK THE PO-LICE, AMIRITE?

Amerika, it's wunderbar!

Quiet Stranger said:
So should I change my Paypal password and should I be really concerned that they hacked Paypal?? Also why would they hack Paypal?

I think you should be ok, paypal released a statement saying "lol no", basically.

Or, change it anyway! =D

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
So... do they have a reason for their targets... or are they just making mischief to try and get mommy to notice them? I think I got it, they feel lonely because nobody notices them (thus anonymous) so they want to get attention. What they really need is a big ol' hug! I declare the fifth of November the new free hug day!

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
NO.
You may NOT have the 5th of November. That is OUR day and YOU CANNOT TAKE IT FROM US.
People these days...

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
yes because attacking a disabled assistance site shows you have good intentions and have good morals. seriously these people need gaol time (that's jail for yanks)

captcha: like the Dickens - damn right, their dicks

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
What... What are they trying to prove? Anonymous used to actually attack people for a reason, but why did they attack these websites? Because it's the 5th?

Oh, and good job taking down Facebook, like you claimed too, That was great. /sarcasm./

Urgh.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
All this will do is make it more easy for Governments to have the excuse to restrict internet freedom more and put harsher laws down... When the heck was V for screwing the disabled people!!?? The twats involved in this are lower than scum and I hope they are found and jailed for a long time... I wish they would stop using the Guy Fawkes and start using what they truely are and that is a large ugly troll!

Spartan212

Sep 10, 2011
So, instead of taking down Zynga and Facebook they defaced a website that helps handicapped people? Um, gratz?

And, please, we don't need a dissertation from someone explaining "Anonymous isn't a set group of people etc etc" that people feel they need to post every time these stories come up

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Daystar Clarion said:
Guys! Guys!

Let's wear the face of a terrorist who wanted to install an even more oppressive Catholic regime!
Awww, you beat me to it. Just because he was the only man to ever enter Parliament with honest intentions doesn't mean they were good ones!

Bobic said:
And Fuck the disabled of Australia, stealing our car parking spaces like they ruddy own the place, who do they think they are?
Anonymous: Protecting us from being trodden upon rolled over by the jackboots wheelchairs of overbearing authority people who are handi-capable.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Bobic said:
And Fuck the disabled of Australia, stealing our car parking spaces like they ruddy own the place, who do they think they are?
Anonymous: Protecting us from being trodden upon rolled over by the jackboots wheelchairs of overbearing authority people who are handi-capable.

Every time I drive into a mall, I think to myself, HOW CAN WE END THIS WHEELCHAIR OPPRESSION?

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
the doom cannon said:
10 bucks they didn't actually hack paypal. they've made false claims of big targets before, and they apparently want to keep doing it.
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner, turns out anon were talking out of their collective asses. I'm not American so rather than ten dollars, have ten pounds.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
So, Anonymous lamely attacked a bunch of sites and DIDN'T bury Facebook as promised? You guys are worthless. You're like Saturday morning cartoon villains, and not even very good ones. Well, every cartoon villain needs an appropriate response:

Some days, it pays to be old school.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Hehehe Their plan is going to bomb harder than Parliament!
That is a horrible joke. I still laughed though!

Daystar Clarion said:
weirdguy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Guys! Guys!

Let's wear the face of a terrorist who wanted to install an even more oppressive Catholic regime!

While we're at, let's put Nazi swastikas on our arms to represent ethnic diversity!
given the context it's entirely appropriate and sends the message they wanted to deliver
That they have no clue about historical figures and base their entire 'movement' around the misuse of one?

I agree.
I agree as well. If we let Anonymous win, They will be worse then the Nazi's/Chinese/Soviet Russia in terms of oppressing free speech and free ideas.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Da fuk has to do "the Argentina Government Bank" with everything? one of these things is not like the others.

piclemaniscool

Dec 19, 2008
I try to sympathize with Anonymous, I really do. But the collective IQ of their whole organization is dropping like a stone. I can't even BS myself a reason this made sense. Idiots.

Primero Holodon

Oct 18, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
mad825 said:
So they took a British holiday and took targets that are American...Yeah. If you're going to do anything on this day, at least try and keep the tradition and attack political targets.

we all live in America
They only know about the holiday because it was mentioned in V for Vendetta. I bet they don't even know THAT took place in the UK.
Not to mention that the holiday is explicitly celebrating the fact that he failed to overthrow the government. The american equivalent would be celebrating king George the third on the fourth of July.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Aw yeah, potential theft and attacking sites for the disabled.

Not content with attacking governments than they think are oppressing them because they can I guess, Anonymous has taken to generally just being that playground bully of the internet.

Sticking it to the man by attacking random other people the man doesn't even really know or care about.