[Update] Blizzard Exploring Diablo-Related Concepts for Consoles

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Lt. Vinciti said:
BreakfastMan said:
It is probably just a Diablo spin-off. While the game could work on the consoles game-play wise (top down loot-fests have worked on the consoles before), I doubt a console would have the sheer power to run the game
You know I dont see many games like that for the consoles nowadays...

Diablo 3 Dungeons of the Deep (something stupid)
There were many more back during the PS2 era. X-Men legends, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Everquest: Champions of Norath, etc. The list goes on (those types of games seemed to have dropped off during the modern era for some reason though).

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Irridium said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Baldur's gate: Dark Alliance 1&2 proved years ago that this gameplay works absolutely fine on consoles. Really wish people would pull the stick out of their arse and stop bitching whenever games become available to a wider audience.
But that would require them to be reasonable.

OT: Eh, Diablo never interested me. But it would be interesting to see how it would work on a console.
Dammit, of course! Apologies everyone, that was inconsiderate of me. Feel free to reinsert your stick and commence bitching.

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
Either it works and it's awesome or it doesn't and you and everyone else can play the PC version, nothing lost except some resources on Blizzard's part.

May 25, 2010
Charcharo said:
Ok, do people REALLY NOT know they can HOOK a controler to a PC and then hook the PC to a TV, via HDMI cables. I have had a friend with a XBOX come over, and it wasnt any simpler than pluging my PC ( plug cable is already too simple)

Fully OT: Well, good. Would be better if PC players could play with console players.
Actually, I don't think that'll happen. PC players have an advantage with the keyboard and mouse interface (don't deny it, it's just better for competitive multiplayer)

Still, I'm sure people would love to play co-op with some mates on a console. So I don't mind even if it does come to consoles.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Hm, if this comes out on consoles, I might get it on there. I like games like this on consoles better then PC, like Sacred 2, ah lots of fun. Sucks it was buggy when it came to loot.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
thiosk said:
I love the dig at the end, but perhaps a realistic release date would be better for your article. Your grossly optimistic date of 2018 is unlikely to be met.
2387 at earliest.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I might actually play it if it did. My PC is crap. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't run this game.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
2018? Feeling optimistic there Mr. Funk?

Diablo for console makes sense, as long as they don't pull a Valve and crap down the game for PC Players just because consoles can't perform as well.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Maybe it will be good as a console port.

People are too quick to write of something that hasn't come out yet, sheesh. I can see WHY it might not work, but at the same time, we never know what can happen.