Update: Deus Ex Voice Actor Warns of Deadly Illuminati Fruit Flies

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Could be either. It's so hard to tell if crazy is real sometimes, because no amount of crazy is too ridiculous to be real. I once had a guy flip out on me and go on a big screaming rant for a minute or two because he insisted my birthday was in July, which it isn't.

But yeah, those eeeeeevil scientists are in fact breeding new species of fruit flies, and are probably attaching laser beams to their heads as we speak.

Which I think is unfortunate, because if they're breeding new species of fruit flies, they should be spending their time publicizing that and closing the door on the evolution vs. creationism debate once and for all. It's real, it's been seen to happen in the lab, case closed. But not enough people hear about it.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Doom972 said:
There's not enough vaccine to go around and the underclasses are starting to get desperate.
"Your turn."

"Desperate."

"Desperate."

"Desperate."

"Desperate."

"Desperate."

- Deus Ex the Recut [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0dGY7LqhYQ]

Second only to the Malkavian Mod for sheer comedy.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Illuminati agents with fruit flies? right...
this is either a marketing thing, he is crazy, or he take drugs other then weed

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
Are people really still going on about the Illuminati? Guys, the Da Vinci Code is not real. Now please, just shut up.
You do know a real Illuminati exists, right? Or rather, existed, being founded in 1776 and disbanded a few decades later.

Acting as if the Illuminati were created by Dan Brown is like saying Coke invented Santa Claus. Wait, even that makes more sense. No, it's like thinking Jesus was invented by Kevin Smith.

OT: I hope it's just another lame marketing ploy, because as bad as that is it's better than a man going actually insane (followed by people speculating that he's just pretending to be insane). Specially because he seemed to be a cool guy who was legitimately hurt when people made fun of his gravel-like voicework but was never confrontational about it.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
so we are the 31... any news he is dead, his date is passed due...
Myguess it is a marketting ploy

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
The Random One said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
Are people really still going on about the Illuminati? Guys, the Da Vinci Code is not real. Now please, just shut up.
You do know a real Illuminati exists, right? Or rather, existed, being founded in 1776 and disbanded a few decades later.

Acting as if the Illuminati were created by Dan Brown is like saying Coke invented Santa Claus. Wait, even that makes more sense. No, it's like thinking Jesus was invented by Kevin Smith.

I'm pretty sure his point wasn't that Dan Brown made up the Illuminati.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
I think people should probably read this before passing judgement: http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=16841

I really hope it's not a viral marketing campaign because that would be pretty damn tasteless. Will wait and see...

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It's obviously not real. It could be a PR stunt. Remember how awesome the entire marketing for Human Revolution was? There was Sarif Industries website, Purity First website etc. Then there were those awesome live-action videos of augmented people. So a stunt like this doesn't surprise me at all.

Anyway, I loved his character in the game. He wasn't a greedy corporate CEO. He was genuinely enthusiastic about augmentation and he believed it to be good for humanity. I wasn't expecting that at all. I was expecting him to become the bad guy by the end of the game.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Packie_J said:
I think people should probably read this before passing judgement: http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=16841

I really hope it's not a viral marketing campaign because that would be pretty damn tasteless. Will wait and see...
I don't really think it would be in bad taste in this context. It's a game series about the Illuminati and Area 51. These are huge parts of it. Having someone on the run from these organizations and being totally incapacitated with fear of them makes perfect sense in the universe of Deus Ex.

That said, it does seem pretty disjointed and random for a piece of advertising. I'm curious what it ends up being.

EDIT: Uh, oh guys. Sounds to me like this isn't marketing and isn't a joke. Decide for yourselves, but I think this guy is genuinely ill.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/audioPop.jsp?episodeId=472732&cmd=apop

Basically, he believes he's been "targeted" for the last 15 years by some secretive organizations who've been ruining his life.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
OK.

Mr. Shellen, if this is not some viral marketing ploy, please refrain from smoking weed. It seems it doesn't do you much good and it makes you look like an insane person. Also, if you really have that many fruit flies, I suggest you clean up, you scruffy bastard. My ultimate weapon of choice: take some of that good wine, pour the fruit flies half a glass or so. Fill up with water. Add a dash of liquid soap, to break the surface tension, so drinking flies will drown. Drowned fruit flies will not be able to use their lasers anymore, as they are dead.

Beware of fruit flies that can breathe underwater.

Love,
-Headdrivehardscrew.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Packie_J said:

Oh... damn.

That video makes me feel nauseous now.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
llafnwod said:
This is
a) clearly not genuine, and
b) the greatest thing I've ever seen.
The link I posted says otherwise. This is definitely "real." This gentleman needs serious help.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Gearhead mk2 said:
Actually the Da Vinci Code featured Opus Dei. The Illuminati were in Angels and Demons.

/nitpicking