Update: Ken Levine Speaks - Gone Home, BioShock Share A Universe

Mr. Clarinet

Sep 20, 2012
Lil_Rimmy said:
Well this seems a bit odd, it seems like someone trying to draw a VERY loose line to go, "LOOK! We share a universe with a better game! That makes literally no sense! And is mostly just an Easter Egg! BUY IT ALREADY PLEASE!". I dunno, there things like Half-Life and Portal existing in the same world and things like Rust and DayZ existing in the same world. The first makes sense, but the second is just stupid. But they share things, like how in Rust AND DayZ I can own a fire-axe, I can shoot an assault rifle, I can go into a town and loot, there are zombies.

All in all, I really see no need for someone to be saying this unless they were trying to convince others to convince others to buy this gam-
That wasn't really the context. What this journo is digging up is an offshoot of a discussion with Brendan Chung about how he likes to tie all of his games into the same universe. 'This' sprung out of the host wanting to relate it to his own thing which involves geeking out and linking games he likes together in silly ways.
Anyway I found the tenuous link between Bioshock and System Shock that they brought up to be more fun.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
That's weird, because I recall Bioshock having some actual gameplay in it.

Sounds like a real machine for pigs to me.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Yeah no, sorry. This makes no sense.

If you want to claim that it takes place in the same universe, you need to do something much more substantial than just slap a fake SNES game on the shelf.

These are the times that I seriously hate fanfiction.

Ed James

Apr 2, 2010
Bioshock 2 is tenuous cannon at best, the DLC even less so considering how it retcons so much of what made Bioshock 1 interesting.

Minor Minerva's Den plot spoiler (just premise)
The crux of the DLC is that you want to somehow cure the ADAM sickness

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Technically every game could be related to Bioshock Infinite since it uses the many-worlds interpretation.